Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Kindle fire or something else?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

I have a kindle fire that my dd loves to play with - she plays educational apps.  she is turning 6 too and I was thinking of getting her a kindle fire.  is there something else that would be better?

thanks

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:43 PM
The Leappad is designed for kids, all educational apps, and I'm willing to be its cheaper too.
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:44 PM

lol I'm having that same debate. My son will be 7. He's taken over my kindle when we are at home. I'm wondering if I should get a Nook though, since I often get him books from B+N.. it would make more sense.. IDK. I'm confused, therefore no help to you. lol

Here's a BUMP.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

she has that and it runs on games, I want to get her something app based, KWIM?

Quoting Anonymous:

The Leappad is designed for kids, all educational apps, and I'm willing to be its cheaper too.

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:45 PM

It's not the same though, honestly. Especially for school aged kids.. it can help in that aspect as well. I thought the same as you for a while.

Quoting Anonymous:

rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:45 PM

my daughter has a Kindle Fire HD and LOVES it--loaded it with books, games, these cool art/drawing apps.  Worth every penny.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:46 PM

thanks, can I get that for under $200 - that is our limit since I am paying over 300 for her party

Quoting rebeccab1966:

my daughter has a Kindle Fire HD and LOVES it--loaded it with books, games, these cool art/drawing apps.  Worth every penny.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:47 PM

how many MB is good?  8, 16?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:47 PM
I don't know what you mean at all, my dd is 8, in second grade and she loves her leappad2. Also, OP in response to your reply to my comment, you didn't attend she had a leappad so I didn't know and my dd's doesn't have games like cartridges, it's just got the apps that you download from the site. Sorry, I'm out of suggestions. Good luck though.

Quoting LyTe684:

It's not the same though, honestly. Especially for school aged kids.. it can help in that aspect as well. I thought the same as you for a while.

Quoting Anonymous:

rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

thanks, can I get that for under $200 - that is our limit since I am paying over 300 for her party

Quoting rebeccab1966:

Yes, I think you can--check Amazon.com and Target.com because sometimes they have good deals!

Schleetle
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:48 PM
My son wants a nabi... I am thinking about getting them Nooks, but IDK. I can't make up my mind either. DH has a kindle fire.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)