Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ringworm on a 21 month old?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:45 PM
  • 10 Replies
How do I treat that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Ask your kids pediatrician...???

My sister had it though, and my mom used jock itch stuff.

RayneofTerror
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Typically hydrocortisone and leave it open to the air so it can dry out. But it is super contagious. I would call the pedi first to see if you can use the hydrocortisone first though. 

ThatSkinnyGirl
by FAT on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Call her pedi. My 3 year old had it after we got a new kitten. @@ Our dr just said to get Lotrimin (athletes foot cream). They (Lotrimin) also make an OTC cream now that says for ringworm. Has the same active ingredient as for athletes foot or jock itch.

Call first though, just because she is under 2 but I suspect they will tell you the same thing.

My DDs cleared up in about a week. But you have to put the cream on even after it looks like it's gone for a few more days or it might come back.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CookieMom108
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Lotrimin maybe.  I'm pretty sure you need an anti fungal cream.  

ladyraven16
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Aww my son had that last summer. He was 3.5 and iit was horrible. He has like 8 different spots of it and it took 2mo to get rid of it because the otc cream didn't work and the first prescription didn't either LOL. He's fine now but what a pita! I think you should probably take her to the doc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sidneyb
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:51 PM
I have she needs her to come in to verify that its a ring worm then I guess she will tell me what to do

Quoting LyTe684:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Good luck!

Quoting sidneyb:

I have she needs her to come in to verify that its a ring worm then I guess she will tell me what to do

Quoting LyTe684:

mamacough
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Antifungal cream. Lotrimen AF does the trick.  You can get it from the foot isle at your local walmart or walgreens. or any drug store.

sidneyb
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:58 PM
I have called got to take her in to verify its ringworm first. Sucks I won't have a ride til Monday

Quoting ThatSkinnyGirl:

Call her pedi. My 3 year old had it after we got a new kitten. @@ Our dr just said to get Lotrimin (athletes foot cream). They (Lotrimin) also make an OTC cream now that says for ringworm. Has the same active ingredient as for athletes foot or jock itch.

Call first though, just because she is under 2 but I suspect they will tell you the same thing.

My DDs cleared up in about a week. But you have to put the cream on even after it looks like it's gone for a few more days or it might come back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sidneyb
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:59 PM
I am on Monday

Quoting ladyraven16:

Aww my son had that last summer. He was 3.5 and iit was horrible. He has like 8 different spots of it and it took 2mo to get rid of it because the otc cream didn't work and the first prescription didn't either LOL. He's fine now but what a pita! I think you should probably take her to the doc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)