Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For those who dont care about Valentine's Day

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:54 PM
  • 14 Replies
And say its over rated and just another day... Do you do any special days? Your anniversary, mother's and father's day, Christmas, etc.? If you don't, why? And.if you do why is Valentine's Day any different?

Personally I do expect something but it doesn't have to be a gift. Doing something special is fine with me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:57 PM

We will acknowledge each other on Valentines Day, but that's about it. It's just not an important day for either of us, it holds no special meaning for us as a couple. It seems predictable and commercialized (I know, what isn't though lol), and neither of us want flowers or chocolates. 

mylifemylove864
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Ah so its traditional gifts that don't really do it for you. I can understand that. I like flowers and chocolates but year after year that would get old.

When my husband is home he's not traditional at all. Last year we had a weekend getaway. Hotel with jacuzzi tub, couples massage, wine tasting, some boutique shopping and a nice dinner.

Quoting Anonymous:

We will acknowledge each other on Valentines Day, but that's about it. It's just not an important day for either of us, it holds no special meaning for us as a couple. It seems predictable and commercialized (I know, what isn't though lol), and neither of us want flowers or chocolates. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:10 PM

That sounds awesome. We usually do that kind of stuff on our anniversary and for birthdays.

Quoting mylifemylove864:

Ah so its traditional gifts that don't really do it for you. I can understand that. I like flowers and chocolates but year after year that would get old.

When my husband is home he's not traditional at all. Last year we had a weekend getaway. Hotel with jacuzzi tub, couples massage, wine tasting, some boutique shopping and a nice dinner.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:13 PM

We do for the kids on Valentine's day. We have random weekends alone to be romantic. 

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:14 PM
The most we do is go out to eat for birthdays. That's about it. It could be to Olive Garden or McDonalds. It doesn't matter, what matters is we're together enjoying us.
atyou
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Um, I love love.

Valentine's day is boss.
Char-Bear
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Our anniversary is the only thing we usually do something for us. Christmas is for the kiddos, birthdays we do cake and dinner, the rest of the holidays we pretty much don't do anything. We're just not big on celebrations.
mama.samm.2.3
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:26 PM
I don't have a significant other this year. But I'm a hopeless romantic. So when I do I usually go all out for her. I don't expect anything extravigant in return. Just do something nice from the heart. Like the last year my EX and I were together. I sent her 2 dozen red roses. Each with something I thought was special about her on the card. I also bought a deck of playing cards and attatched 52 reasons I loved her to them. One reason per card. Then took her out for a nice dinner. She and our girls made me breakfast in bed and cleaned the entire house. But since it's just me and my girls this year I'm spoiling them. Balloons, chocolates, a rose a piece, and out for dinner.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:28 PM

honestly? no. we are not big on celebrating special days like that. they are all just another day to us. we will acknowledge them. maybe give a card. maybe go out to eat. but that about it. we don't believe in exchanging gifts. we believe in spending the day together as a family/couple, whatever. but that about it.

ADC2005
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:30 PM
We don't do Valentines but we do others, our anniversary is an acheivemt for us, just as mother and Father's Day, even more so since we have stuggled so much with infertility
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)