Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I bought my own present.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

I bought my own present for Valentine's Day! Hubby and I share all of our finances anyways. So I just picked out the cell phone I wanted and ordered it. I bought him a new Xbox 360 but I knew he would love that. I would rather pick out something I know I will love then let him pick something I might not like! He took the kids to the store and let them each pick something for me, one got me a stuffed animal and one got me some chocolates. That effort makes me happy, so I would rather order a present I love and will use than have him waste $200 on something I hate! He was OK with this too, because he hates shopping for me. He's good with the little sweet stuff like flowers and candy, but not expensive purchases.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Anybody else buy their own present?

heavenly1462
by Jessica on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:17 PM
No. I didnt get anything from SO.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
needsupport100
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:18 PM

i'm buying my own, it's a laptop i need for school. just so happens i know the seller, and she's accepting a post dated check from me today. so i'm considering it a valentine's gift from myself to myself

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Yayyy for a new laptop!

Quoting needsupport100:

i'm buying my own, it's a laptop i need for school. just so happens i know the seller, and she's accepting a post dated check from me today. so i'm considering it a valentine's gift from myself to myself

sampson200
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:13 PM

I totally get doing what you did - especially if it makes things easier on him :)

We don't buy gifts on V-day for each other; we usually just stay cozy at home, but HE wanted to 'mix it up' this year so we're going out to my favorite restaurant for sushi and I did make chocolate-covered strawberries this morning before heading to work.

EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:14 PM
I think it's sweet he took the kids out to get you something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AHmom103
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Lol. We just go shopping together. He sometimes will pick up a surprise for me on his way home from work, and I make him whatever he wants for dinner. This weekend, we'll be getting a sitter and going to the mall and out for dinner :)

needsupport100
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Yayyy for a new laptop! bouncing

Quoting needsupport100:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I thought so too =) And the kids were so excited to give me their gifts. It made my day.

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

I think it's sweet he took the kids out to get you something.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Shopping together is a good idea too. Maybe we will do that for our anniversary lol We went to the kids' favorite restaurant tonight, and we will also be getting a sitter Saturday and going out to dinner and to the hot tubs alone. We only get to go out alone twice a year, Valentine's Day and our anniversary.

Quoting AHmom103:

Lol. We just go shopping together. He sometimes will pick up a surprise for me on his way home from work, and I make him whatever he wants for dinner. This weekend, we'll be getting a sitter and going to the mall and out for dinner :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured