Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I bought my own present.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I bought my own present for Valentine's Day! Hubby and I share all of our finances anyways. So I just picked out the cell phone I wanted and ordered it. I bought him a new Xbox 360 but I knew he would love that. I would rather pick out something I know I will love then let him pick something I might not like! He took the kids to the store and let them each pick something for me, one got me a stuffed animal and one got me some chocolates. That effort makes me happy, so I would rather order a present I love and will use than have him waste $200 on something I hate! He was OK with this too, because he hates shopping for me. He's good with the little sweet stuff like flowers and candy, but not expensive purchases.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Replies (11-14):
lovinmyboys...
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:03 PM
No, Valentine's Day isn't about gifts to me. I would much rather go out with dh on a date....which is what we are doing tomorrow.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:09 PM

That's honestly how we are too. We don't usually exchange expensive gifts for any holiday except our anniversary. On Christmas, it's all about the kids. For birthdays, we get something small. But I have been needing a new cell phone for almost three months, and my hubby's Xbox hasn't worked for weeks. Neither things are necessities so we were putting off the purchases, and I said "what the hell, why not treat ourselves for Valentine's Day?" So I told him I thought we should get each other gifts, knowing I was going to get his Xbox for him, and that I wanted to get a new cell phone as my gift. He thought I was going to get him new shoes, he was so surprised and excited, I loved it.

We went to Denny's with the kids tonight because that's their favorite restaurant, and we are going out Saturday just the two of us. Valentine's and our anniversary are the only two times a year that we get to have dinner alone. I'm so excited!

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

No, Valentine's Day isn't about gifts to me. I would much rather go out with dh on a date....which is what we are doing tomorrow.

lovinmyboys...
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Me too. It has been 9 months since we have been out alone. Can't wait!

Quoting Anonymous:

That's honestly how we are too. We don't usually exchange expensive gifts for any holiday except our anniversary. On Christmas, it's all about the kids. For birthdays, we get something small. But I have been needing a new cell phone for almost three months, and my hubby's Xbox hasn't worked for weeks. Neither things are necessities so we were putting off the purchases, and I said "what the hell, why not treat ourselves for Valentine's Day?" So I told him I thought we should get each other gifts, knowing I was going to get his Xbox for him, and that I wanted to get a new cell phone as my gift. He thought I was going to get him new shoes, he was so surprised and excited, I loved it.

We went to Denny's with the kids tonight because that's their favorite restaurant, and we are going out Saturday just the two of us. Valentine's and our anniversary are the only two times a year that we get to have dinner alone. I'm so excited!

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nickolyn
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:37 PM

me too :) a car

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured