Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why does the bible condone rape?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:07 PM
  • 346 Replies
6 moms liked this

Hmmm just wondering since we are suppose to follow it so stickily and you know how they say gay marriage is bad?  for some reason i think this is worse but im just a crazy liberal

Isaiah 13:15-18 (NIV)

15 Whoever is captured will be thrust through; all who are caught will fall by the sword. 16 Their infants will be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses will be looted and their wives violated.

17 See, I will stir up against them the Medes, who do not care for silver and have no delight in gold. 18 Their bows will strike down the young men; they will have no mercy on infants, nor will they look with compassion on children.

Zechariah 14:1-2

1 A day of the LORD is coming, Jerusalem, when your possessions will be plundered and divided up within your very walls. 2 I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked, and the women raped. Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city.

2 Samuel 12:11 (NIV)

11 “This is what the LORD says: ‘Out of your own household I am going to bring calamity on you. Before your very eyes I will take your wives and give them to one who is close to you, and he will sleep with your wives in broad daylight.]

"If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated (anah) her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives." Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NIV

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:07 PM
6 moms liked this

Not much makes sense in the bible.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:09 PM
5 moms liked this
Bc the Bible was written by men.
Annettey19
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Also the Bible condones stoning your rebellious children. Just thought I'd put that out there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Well that's disturbing....

I can honestly say that I don't know, I own a Bible and I can't understand the majority of it. I'm not sure of what I believe btw, so I don't know if I'm the right person to reply to this or not lol.

rliperote2
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:09 PM
9 moms liked this

I agree but most bible pushers ignore / refuse to answer questions about some of the more horrible things it says.  or they come up with a extremely dumb excuse

Quoting Anonymous:

Not much makes sense in the bible.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:10 PM
2 moms liked this
So why pick and choose what to take literally?

Quoting Anonymous:

rliperote2
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Yup bad men in some cases it seems

Quoting Anonymous:

blessedwith
26 moms liked this

I truly love it when people post stuff from the bible, totally out of context, with NO Biblical understanding whatsoever, and then suggest that God condones horrifc things.....I will not cast my pearls before you swine, for you don't desire knowledge.

rliperote2
1 mom liked this

yeah that is not really the best way to punish a misbeahing child lol

Quoting Annettey19:

Also the Bible condones stoning your rebellious children. Just thought I'd put that out there.

ashleyrenee24
by 2ne1 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Its an ancient text written by ancient people. A lot of it is outdated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)