Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I the only one here that loves their stepkids?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

I've been lurking for a while, and it seems like moms who have stepkids seem to hate or resent the kids?
Wtf is up with that? 

Like that one mom that wants her dh to give up 50/50 custody... seriously? I'm currently working to help my bf to GET custody (full time) of his kids. I love those little boogers!

It makes me sad to see so many people refer to their stepkids as a nuisance or whatever. I think of mine like my own kids. :(

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:20 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:24 PM
2 moms liked this
I like my ss. I dont spend enough time with him to love him. I do support dh in gaining more time with him though because its what dh wants
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I love my ss like he is my own. In fact I just got out of a meeting at his school because he is getting bullied and I'm sick of it. His mom couldn't make it to the school so I was asked to handle it. He is like my blood children to me so I protect him the same.
srhea1000
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Um no, I love my stepsons.  I just got done arranging their Valentine candy on their computer desks so they would see it as soon as they walk into their room after school.  I love them and make sure they know it every day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:32 PM
2 moms liked this
FFS! Yes, you are the ONLY one. Get over yourself, you are not a stepmom you are dads girlfriend. You don't know what some of these women have been through with their step kids. Many are dealing with the effects of parental alienation which will destroy any hope of a relationship. And just so it is clear, I am a CUSTODIAL stepmom (BM is a piece of work) and I do love her and treat her as close to my own as I can although I don't always like her but hey she is a teenager. How long have you been involved with the dad?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Wow...really? We're not married yet because shithead baby mama got the kids taken by CPS and we are trying SO hard to get them back. We are waiting until the kids can BE at the wedding to get married. And that is the ONLY reason we are not married yet... We were trying to get custody from babymama and had the wedding all set and ready, then they got taken and she filed a false restraining order agains us. So we put OUR plans on hold for the kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Now you know what it feels like to have a lame comment made in general about you. Are there people who don't like their stepkids yes, but maybe they have a reason you know nothing about. Are there people who do love their stepkids yes. There are better ways to get your point or question across. Just saying.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow...really? We're not married yet because shithead baby mama got the kids taken by CPS and we are trying SO hard to get them back. We are waiting until the kids can BE at the wedding to get married. And that is the ONLY reason we are not married yet... We were trying to get custody from babymama and had the wedding all set and ready, then they got taken and she filed a false restraining order agains us. So we put OUR plans on hold for the kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Just seems like every post I EVER see on here is people bitching about their stepkids. Seems to me like they should get over it... THEY chose to be with someone who already had kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

Now you know what it feels like to have a lame comment made in general about you. Are there people who don't like their stepkids yes, but maybe they have a reason you know nothing about. Are there people who do love their stepkids yes. There are better ways to get your point or question across. Just saying.

Quoting Anonymous:

AnnieMcD
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:46 PM
I love my SS. I wish we could see him more, and I'm the one who makes sure he gets his CS every month, as well as contact from his dad on a regular basis.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EricaG87
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I love my SD and I wish that we could have 50/50 custody of her.  I have three kids od my own so it would add to the workload but it would be worth it to have her be a bigger part of our lives.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)