Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

POLL: Are your children academically gifted?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 81 Replies

Poll

Question: Are they?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 113

View Results

This should be a hoot...

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:17 PM

My oldest daughter is. She is in the 4th grade, but on an 8th-9th grade level on all subjects. Thankfully, she has had wonderful teachers who have had no problem challenging her to reach her full potential. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:24 PM

You left out a third option- well not ALL of them!

LOL   Out of my six kids,   one is a specialized veterinarian, married to another highly specialized vet- one went to MN MIT, is an engineer, another in the medical field.    The others... well... they are doing well, like all the rest of us "average" folks! hahaha

I'm glad of the ones doing really well, as I fully expect them to choose my nursing home eventually! LOL   Or have me live with them..........as one daughter already said she expects me to!

I  think unless self discipline is taught and they learn to apply it, all the giftedness in the whole world goes nowhere.

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:26 PM
I don't know yet. My four year old can do addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, read, write, and knows a lot of stuff about nature and things like that.

But he's not in school yet. I like to think he will be because learning seems to come so naturally to him but there's a lot more to academics than the learning.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I don't really think so. I know my 6 year old is ahead of regular public school kids but that is only because he is allowed to explore topics.

daughteroftruth
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Well my oldest is ahead in most subjects, my second is in the gifted and talented program, and my thrid is above average in everything but socialization in kindergarten.  my 4 yr old and 2 yr old seem very smart too me.  

tharealty2
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

2 out've 6 have been categorized as such , but honestly, I don't put much weight into how schools view them.  

gigis1
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:29 PM
The oldest is barely two.. Everyone tells me she is gifted and smart and blah blah blah but she's a normal baby to me.. I'm picking no

Quoting Anonymous:

This should be a hoot...

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mariesmama

no, mines speech delayed but learning quickly she's 3

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:29 PM
I just wanted to see the poll results. lol
phoebe81

My son does well. He's higher than the benchmarks for his age, so that pleases me. My daughter does ok but she's still young so I'm not concerned about her lagging behind. I'm not sure what you mean by "gifted", but I'm proud of my children's ability to learn and grow so I think they're gifted =).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)