Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CraigsList and Childcare!

Posted by   + Show Post
If you have posted an ad on CraigsList for Childcare from home, how has it worked out for you? This is my first time doing this, and I could use some advice. What did your ad say, how did you go about responding... I've already posted my ad, but just received an email that sounded a Lil fishy. So if you have experience with this, kindly let me know how to go about it.
EDIT*****
I'm not in search for child care... I want to start babysitting from home...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Replies (31-40):
momsince04
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Where else could I go to post an ad?


Quoting Kitsun:

I personally wouldn't do craigslist for an ad or looking for a babysitter.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momsince04
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:43 PM
I hires from care. Com and I was very disappointed. The girl was absolutely horrible


Quoting 3gr8tKids:

Why would you post on Craig's list for childcare?

Just use Care.com.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Quoting christyg:


I agree !
Pink.Sunshine
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I got one of the worst..and best babysitters off of Craigslist.

momsince04
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:57 PM
I got a horrible babysitter from Care.com when I was working. This girl was absolutely horrible


Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

I got one of the worst..and best babysitters off of Craigslist.


Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Sunshine
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I must say I've had more positive experiences than negative. 

Quoting momsince04:

I got a horrible babysitter from Care.com when I was working. This girl was absolutely horrible


Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

I got one of the worst..and best babysitters off of Craigslist.



mnmomusa
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I babysit for 2 kids I got off craigslist. I just wrote, Stay at Home mom, availible for babysitting...I wrote my kids ages, hours I could babysit, area I lived and rate.

I waz suprised at the number of responses I got, I had no idea if anyone would respond to it. I got dozens of responses the first day. I never got any creepy responses, but when they came over the first time to meet I made sure Dh was there. There are some scams on there, but you can usually tell by the broken english and huge amounts of money they offer.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mewebb82
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I always posted on craigslist. In 11 years, I would say about 90% of my business came from craigslist and the other 10% was word of mouth. Be careful though. I never listed my full name, address, or phone number on craigslist. I just gave a basic explanation of the kind of care I provided, hours, examples of activities, nearest main cross roads, etc. I always sorted through emails and had a phone interview before meeting with a family in person. That way you can weed out anyone who gives you a red flag. I got a lot of fake and fishy emails and I generally ignored them. You should not provide care for any family if you aren't comfortable. Remember there are lots of parents out there needing care and the right family will come along. 

allsolittle
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:33 PM
I watch a baby from craigslist.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PoisonousBlonde
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Be careful. Couldn't you put an ad out in your local newspaper? CL isn't the safest place to find child care. If you must, ask for reliable references and I'd do a background check, if its possible.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)



Featured