Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What type of frosting? all bakers get in here

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:24 PM
  • 8 Replies

Okay so I am making red velvet cupcakes for V-day, but I am not a huge cream cheese frosting fan. Is there a way I can make it appeal to me a little more, or any other frosting suggestions other than plain old boring vanilla?

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
RandiBear
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:28 PM

I have always liked to add a little vanilla or almond extract to mine to make it a little sweeter. Also, one thing really good to do with red velvet cake is take a milkyway candy bar and cut it into small pieces then bake it inside. With that, I use whipped vanilla frosting, but I think you can find whipped chocolate as well. Chocolate is always good with red velvet cake.

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Put a little of this in the frosting.  

http://www.hackleyhealthmanagement.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_24/products_id/94/?utm_source=gbase&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=94&gclid=CODEp6m3trUCFVSSPAod6gIAcw

I dan't like red velvet at all, but my husband likes it when paired with a whipped cream cheese frosting with a little almond and coffee extract.

ktwister
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:39 PM

You could do Marshmellow Icing

SterlingHeart
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:40 PM

white chocolate ganash  (sp)

Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:41 PM

What about white chocolate frosting?

WHITE CHOCOLATE FROSTING 
6 oz. white baking chocolate (chopped up)
1/4 c. heavy cream
2 sticks butter
1 c. powdered sugar
Stir white chocolate and whipping cream in pan over hot water until melted and smooth. Cool. Add butter and sugar, beat on high until light and fluffy. makes about 3 cups. Keeps well in refrigerator.
Amybarnhart11
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:09 PM

The Milky Way bar sounds fantastic. I like the whipped chocolate idea too! Thank you! 

Quoting RandiBear:

I have always liked to add a little vanilla or almond extract to mine to make it a little sweeter. Also, one thing really good to do with red velvet cake is take a milkyway candy bar and cut it into small pieces then bake it inside. With that, I use whipped vanilla frosting, but I think you can find whipped chocolate as well. Chocolate is always good with red velvet cake.

Zacksmama82411
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:13 PM
A whipped cream frosting would be good, I would suggest either whipped cream frosting or a plain old whipped vanilla frosting (from my tastes)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RandiBear
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:18 PM

No problem. lol I like coming up with different ways to bake things. Like, one thing I do with brownies is I add mini marshmallows and peanutbutter chips to them...it's delicious!

Quoting Amybarnhart11:

The Milky Way bar sounds fantastic. I like the whipped chocolate idea too! Thank you! 

Quoting RandiBear:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN