Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wtf is so hard about surprising me?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:32 PM
  • 50 Replies
I don't get it. I can't think of the last time df ever truly surprised me with anything nice. I've been asking for a simple nice mom necklace for every holiday for the last 2 years. Nothing expensive just maybe a $20 necklace. Shouldn't be hard right? Wrong. He "forgets" every damn time. I spent the last few months working my ads off because he lost his job. I worked 2 jobs n around 60 hours a week so we could get by, because he was too good to work a menial job until he found something better, even tho the job he lost was menial and the job he has now is fucking minimum wage (even tho he has 13 years of experience).

So Tuesday he asks what I want. I tell him yet again just a simple little necklace. I said pick out something pretty and I'll love it. Couldn't even do that. He comes home w a booklet from Walmart w these lockets. They're cheap and pretty n just what I want. He tells me to pick out what I want. I say uh no, I want a surprise. I want you to pick it for me. Well these are engraved and it takes weeks to get here so I won't get it today anyway. Annoying but whatever. He refuses to do anything unless it's last minute. Then he calls me today and asks again which I want. I snapped a little and told him to just fuckin pick one.

Why should this be so hard? Last mothers day I was supposed to get a mothers ring and he never ordered it so if he does the same thing with this necklace I've already decided that I'll go but it myself since Im still working one pt time job and have money. Then Im gonna run it in his face every chance I get for being such a Dumbass.

Rant over. Lol
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:34 PM
3 moms liked this

yep, because I hear calling him a dumbass is endearing and will motivate him to buy you gifts

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:36 PM
4 moms liked this

Wow. I wouldn't buy you a gift either. I'd divorce you.

cristina1122
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Bump. I'm hoping he still got me flowers. This is the only time he ever gets me flowers or anything. He didn't even bring me flowers when Ds was born. He's one of the most unthoughtfull people I've met.
atyou
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Stand up dude. I definitely wouldn't bring you flowers.

Quoting cristina1122:

Bump. I'm hoping he still got me flowers. This is the only time he ever gets me flowers or anything. He didn't even bring me flowers when Ds was born. He's one of the most unthoughtfull people I've met.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Quoting cristina1122:

so you are married to him why?

and my DH didn't bring me flowers when DS was born either, it never crossed my mind to be upset about it!

cristina1122
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:39 PM
I've been patient but he's been promising things for almost 3 years and hasn't followed through with any of it because he can only think of himself. I do nice things for him everyday and he only repays me with senseless bitching and demanding sex. So he is kind of a Dumbass.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting cristina1122:

I've been patient but he's been promising things for almost 3 years and hasn't followed through with any of it because he can only think of himself. I do nice things for him everyday and he only repays me with senseless bitching and demanding sex. So he is kind of a Dumbass.

so again, you are married to him why?

cristina1122
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Quoting peanutsmommy1:

It didn't cross m mind till way later but it kind of bugged me, lol I guess it's stupid to be bugged about it, I just wish he's show he cares. It's just a little cheap thing, nothing extravagant.
IFartGlitter

bitchy much?

AnnieMcD
Some people really hate trying to surprise someone. He doesn't want to get you something you don't like. Just pick the one you like best and quit trying to cause problems for the man, he's trying to get you something you LOVE instead of something you like.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)