Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A son's inquiry about Dad's tattoo

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 64 Replies
12 moms liked this

My husband has several tattoos.  I've never been a tattoo kind of gal.  I never wanted one, and I never liked them on other people.  But I fell in love with a guy covered in them.  What can I say?  Stranger things have happened, I'm sure.

Anyway, there is just one that I've never come to accept.  On his forearm, there is a cartoonish woman in a slutty bright green getup.  It's hideous for many reasons- the three most obvious being the tacky sexiness of the cartoon in the tiny outfit, the offense of the ugly shade of green, and the poor workmanship and quality of the illustration itself.  People who think tattoos look good would not think this looks good.  It's just horrible.

I've asked him to cover it up.  I've begged him to cover it up.  I've told him to cover it up.  Nothing works.  I hate that thing.  I stand on his opposite side from it on purpose so I can't see it.  I crop his arm out of photos.  Hate it.

Last night, my 4 year old looked at my husband and said, "Dad, can I ask you a question?"  My husband got a serious look on his face like he was preparing to explain the meaning of life.  My son said, "Why do you have a Tinkerbell tattoo on your arm?"

I laughed until I peed in my pants.  It's true.  I literally peed a little.  Pleeeease let this be the thing that convinces him to cover it!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:49 PM

that is awesome!!!

.Nobody.
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Priceless! Haha!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:55 PM

It really was.  I pointed at it a few hours later and said, "I knew she looked familiar!"

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

that is awesome!!!

ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Lol. Hope he covers it! I understand about loathing a tattoo.

I'm glad my DH fixed his tattoo. He had a naked woman on his arm. When I got pregnant and we found out we were having a girl, ol' Busty Betty got a bikini.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:59 PM

LMAO!  Love it!

PISCIS29
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:04 PM
I laughed til tears rolled out. Lets pray this makes your dh FINALLY cover it up.
cuppycake1919
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:06 PM

LOL

soon2bmomof3619
by Tinkerbell on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:08 PM

That. is. awesome.

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Epic son! Epic question!

Now you can get Tinkerbell pj pants to compliment his tattoo!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:14 PM
His body his choice. Don't like it leave.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)