Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yeah I am totally not a vegitarian LOL

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:04 PM
  • 16 Replies

we are making what my 7 year old calls Bambi Goulash for dinner tonight, obviously it is goulash made with deer meat. anyway, she said this to her teachers assistant (young girl, early 20s) and she always looks sickly, like too skinny and pale and just tired. the TA then turns and looks at me and says, that's just cruel and to make a joke of it! i looked at her and said it's freaking delicious. Tomorrow we are having Chicken Little and I'm stuffing his behind too. she looked appalled but hey dont say stupid things if you dont want to be offended.

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mary841108
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:04 PM

BUMP!

tinakinakins
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Haha! Hilarious!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't understand why people who don't eat meat get so offended when it's brought up in conversation. Assuming she is a vegetarian. Or maybe she just likes deer. I admit I don't eat deer though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mary841108
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:08 PM

idk lol but we are certainly carnivores in this house, we eat meat everyday. As for deer, i was raised on it and love it! dh didnt hunt but his co-worker bagged one and gave me some deer meat (he is my new favorite person and I dont even really know him LOL)

Quoting iamcafemom83:

I don't understand why people who don't eat meat get so offended when it's brought up in conversation. Assuming she is a vegetarian. Or maybe she just likes deer. I admit I don't eat deer though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Lol, yeah. I have a sil thats vegetarian. You can imagine...ANYTHING we go to, she brings a vegan or vegetarian dish, which I actually don't mind, they're usually really good, its just when she starts preaching about how much better it is to be vegetarian or vegan, and that everyone shouldn't eat meat, thats when I get irritated. I was a vegan for a time, but I never went around trying to convert everyone...that just seems too much like a Christian to me.

AHmom103
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol. My kids's first pediatrician said something about how terrible it was that I made them eat deer meat, because, well, wouldn't they be upset about eating bambi? My oldest dd was about 3 at the time, and she said "but bambi tastes good!" lol

mary841108
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:11 PM

lol next time tell her that the veg dish that she brought over tastes great with a grilled medium rare steak

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol, yeah. I have a sil thats vegetarian. You can imagine...ANYTHING we go to, she brings a vegan or vegetarian dish, which I actually don't mind, they're usually really good, its just when she starts preaching about how much better it is to be vegetarian or vegan, and that everyone shouldn't eat meat, thats when I get irritated. I was a vegan for a time, but I never went around trying to convert everyone...that just seems too much like a Christian to me.

mary841108
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:12 PM

how do you get your siggy to keep changing? that is so cool

Quoting AHmom103:

Lol. My kids's first pediatrician said something about how terrible it was that I made them eat deer meat, because, well, wouldn't they be upset about eating bambi? My oldest dd was about 3 at the time, and she said "but bambi tastes good!" lol

AHmom103
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I have it on a rotator. After you upload the siggies to Photobucket, you can put the codes into the rotator, then use the code from the rotator on here :)

http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/ is the one I use.

Quoting mary841108:

how do you get your siggy to keep changing? that is so cool

Quoting AHmom103:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol...Oh she would probably love that and say "You see how easy it is to go veg." It would only boost her vegetarian ego...

Quoting mary841108:

lol next time tell her that the veg dish that she brought over tastes great with a grilled medium rare steak

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)