Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do You Panic??

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:06 PM
  • 23 Replies
When your LO's are sick?
My oldest was always sick as a baby. He was hospitalized for stomach flues and Croup because he go them so bad. By the time he was one he had been hospitalized three times. He has more or less grown out of it and is a healthy boy now
YI think because of that I go into panic mode anytime any of my kids get sick. My youngest is grumpy and running a fever, I feel like if I set him down some thing terrible could happen. He is one and this is his first fever.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:06 PM

nope, I pretty much just keep him comfortable unless it is clear he needs to see a doctor

darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:12 PM

no i don't panic.. I am an emt and trained to recognize and treat emergencies..

and my son is now 4 has spent over half of his life in ICU and had over 31 surgeries.. I do take more concern with him than the other kids when he is ill, but I do not panic..

TerriAnne2606
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Same here - EMT (and my husband was a medic in the air force and holds a current EMT license as well).  So, no panicking on our part.

Quoting darcibeisheim:

no i don't panic.. I am an emt and trained to recognize and treat emergencies..

and my son is now 4 has spent over half of his life in ICU and had over 31 surgeries.. I do take more concern with him than the other kids when he is ill, but I do not panic..

mom2priceboys
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:18 PM

yes, I panic with my kids despite my medical training. I had a child with cerebral palsy with seizures, he died at almost 7, a preemie who lost his twin at 2 days - well, that preemie dehydrates easily and my last was hit by a truck and also has seizures - IDK what others say, I panic!!!

usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Nope.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:24 PM

No, not anymore, but my kids are 8 and 4.  When my oldest was little the only thing that made me panic was the first time he had the croup.  At 10:30 at night that is the scariest sound ever when you have never heard it before.

Not much scares me anymore.  

TerriAnne2606
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I'm so sorry - if I were in your shoes, I'd be the same way.  And, I might like to point out that having a child with somethink like CP or a preemie, will often revise the thinking because they have so many more medical issues.  Hugz...

Quoting mom2priceboys:

yes, I panic with my kids despite my medical training. I had a child with cerebral palsy with seizures, he died at almost 7, a preemie who lost his twin at 2 days - well, that preemie dehydrates easily and my last was hit by a truck and also has seizures - IDK what others say, I panic!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:01 PM
My oldest has had everything possible, and 12 surgeries. My younger two are lucky I wipe their noses haha! The more you have, the less you freak out.
momto2crazykids
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:02 PM

i panic too good to know i'm not the only one hope he feels better soon

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Yes, because we lost our niece at the age of 2 due to a respiratory infection. I am so glad my kids are older, but I still worry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN