Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My bff is mad...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
My bff is wanting to cheat on her fiance and wants to tell him she is spending the night at my house. I told her that is not a good idea. They have been having troubles for awhile now and she always turns to me for advice. I have told her before that she needs to end the relationship if she is that unhappy. She gets mad but she asks me. This time she won't talk to me. I know from experience cheating isn't the answer. You feel nothing but guilt. Am I wrong for not just supporting her?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:11 PM

nope, lying for her is not the answer to her problems

EAzizM
by Erica on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Smdh. Shame on her trying to get you to participate in her lie.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:14 PM

You are right, and being the best friend you can be.  You are trying to help her do the right thing, even if it costs you the friendship.

I wouldn't lie for her.  Period.  You don't want to be dragged down into the mess like that.

Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:14 PM
3 moms liked this

Is her name Priscilla?

Roo1234
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:15 PM

No.  You are not wrong.  You gave her real advice to keep her life on a more even keel and she is seeking out drama. You are probably better off without her in your life. 

I've been there and done that with a friend.  She accused me of "judging" her and I agreed that I was because she was putting me in the position to sacrifice my own values to lie for her and I found it offensive that she thought so little of me. I didn't gossip about, I kept her secret (it wasn't mine to tell) and left our group of friends.  It made me very sad and I missed some of them very much, but I don't regret telling her no.

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:16 PM

No you are not wrong.  

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:17 PM
You are definitely NOT wrong. Don't give in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supercarp
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I have never understood the rationale for cheating. If you want to be with someone, be with them. If you don't want to be with someone don't be with them. Don't continue to lie and pretend. That doesn't help anyone  and it's horribly unfair.

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

nope, lying for her is not the answer to her problems

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Nope. I wouldn't let her drag me into it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)