Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if my daughter wanted to date a muslim boy

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

(she is 16)

I would not be happy! And I would probably do anything I could to stop her. 

Would you be happy if your child dated a muslim?

Edited: It has nothing at all to do with the color of his skin!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Replies (11-20):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Who my daughter chooses to date is her business, so is who she chooses to marry. I would hope that I've raised a daughter with enough self-esteem and self-worth to demand that the man in her life treat her with immense amount of respect.

circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:28 PM
3 moms liked this

Nope. I wouldn't be happy is she dated a christian either. I don't care for fear based religions. I wouldn't forbid it though.

butterflyk1ssez
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I wouldn't care as long as it was love and not for something else.

That is a really hateful statement that you would not let your daughter marry someone with a different religion of your own! Shame on you. Go under a rock and live there. Love is love and when two people love one another nothing can or will keep them apart.

Pregnancy Ticker

michiganmom5150
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:28 PM
What about a Jewish boy?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mama_Dolly
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I dont care what religion or race someone is. As long as they are a good respectful person. To themselfs and others. And treats my child great!. As I expect my child to do to them.
sfkdny
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:29 PM

I would be happy if my child dates someone who treats them right - black, white, latino, jewish, catholic, muslim, atheist, etc.  I really don't care about stuff like that

4weeman
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:29 PM
2 moms liked this

I have several friends who are muslim and they are better people than most "christians". I don't have a daughter but if it was my son, I would be just fine with that. I would also be fine with him being gay, or marrying someone of a different race.... People are just people. 

singlemama0905
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:29 PM
I don't have a daughter but I do hope to someday. However, religion isn't important to me at all. I was born and raised Catholic, my son is baptised Lutheran, but we don't attend a church as of now and don't practice any religion. To me it's about faith, morals, respect...obviously you like to pretend to be some good practicing Christian or whatever you are..but your judgmental mindset blows your cover. You're not a true Christian if you are going to discriminate by religion
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:29 PM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't be happy
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't care as long as she was treated right. I doubt a Muslim would want to date any of my girls though, we are not religious. Spiritual, but not religious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN