Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if my daughter wanted to date a muslim boy

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

(she is 16)

I would not be happy! And I would probably do anything I could to stop her. 

Would you be happy if your child dated a muslim?

Edited: It has nothing at all to do with the color of his skin!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Replies (211-220):
RayneofTerror
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I wouldn't care. I'm not stupid. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:28 PM
I would never want my children involved in an interfaith relationship. The only exception is Judaism.
shahidarina13
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:28 PM
I'm a muslim too n I agree wif u

Quoting helema24:

not unless she married him first!! yes im muslim and happy to be one. please learn more about what it is to be a muslim before you get so riled up. btw muslim boys are taught to take care of their women and their female relatives (on both sides if need be) and to respect the mother of hi swife and his mother and never abandon either!!

I have a question... What if he was very respectful towards you refused to touch your daughter in th ewrong manner and insisted on taking you where they went to eat out? What if he did this and you didnt know he was muslim because you didnt ask? What if you saw  anice respectful young man that wanted to get to know your daughter in the oldfashion way an dmake SURE you were there to shaperone? and then you find out hes muslim... Would this alter your view of him?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Talliana
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:29 PM

My husband has already said no to any Muslims. We don't care if she dates a white boy but we would prefer Afro American or Hispanic guys for her. 

alf2651
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:29 PM

As long as he is good to her and she was happy, then I wouldn't care. 

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 38 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:30 PM
I'm sure you got bashed to shit but I agree
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:30 PM

I would not be ecstatic, but my kids get to pick their own mates.  I'm certain he could never convert my dd (she's more religious than I am)-so that wouldn't be an issue.

N_maricle
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Wow people can be so ignorant. There are crazies in every religion. The majority of Muslims are peaceful, kind people. Judge much?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:32 PM

I dated a muslim boy when I was 16. It was a nice relationship and he treated me great.I hear he doing well now. Married another christian girl with blonde hair and has 3 kids with her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 39 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Quoting IFartGlitter:

Id hope my children ended up with Christians, but I have no issues with what Muslims practice. I think it's a beautiful, peaceful religion that has been badly misrepresented. While a christian would be my first choice for my children, a Muslim would be a close second.

do your own homework.  no way in hell would my dd or ds date a muslim.  pick up a koran at your local bookstore and read how unless your child becomes a muslim then a muslim must kill her..or smite her (cut off head with sword). according to their holy book, all non muslims must be killed.  of course they say its peaceful, but only if your a muslim yourself.  DO YOUR HOMEWORK

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN