Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What secrets is your kid sharing at school?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
Does your child overhear your conversations? Or do you tell them everything? Here are a few things I heard today: I was discussing the date, and a child got excited and shouted out that his mom gets her food stamps today. A child was given a conversation heart, I asked them to read what it said, she says she doesn't know how to read because her mom never learned her, and she doesn't have any books at home but she found these boots. Another child was given some heart candy, she said she wants to take it home to her mom because her dad left her mom for a 20 year old named Sara. Do you wonder what your child is telling the people at school?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CjEmmemommy
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Haha dang the is sad.. No I don't worry, it is what it is and most people would understand real life. We don't do anything special over here.

Master_Debater
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:42 PM
No but I can imagine with his imagination lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HappySquirrel
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:43 PM
That we're "buying a kid off the Internet". We are looking at adopting, the profiles are listed online and there is an adoption fee. Lol
sadiebug1228
Oh my word. This makes me wonder what my son has over heard lol
The little boy telling about his moms food stamps was kinda cute tho. I could imagine a little boy all excited about it lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ethans_momma06

Sometimes, yes.

My son pulled me aside recently to tell me a "secret" the neighbor girl told him. A secret that I am fairly certain her parents would never, ever want anyone else to hear! Oops! LOL.

I'm sure that nothing I say is sacred either. Guess you just have to watch what you say!

Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Not me, but my aunt got her hair done the other day. And after the guy left she was talking to her 6 and 10 year old about how he was a crack head. The little boy, 6, goes "So he was a crack head mommy? The man who did your hair" his mom replies "yes" and the first thing he says, in a super excited voice, "Can  I tell my friends?!"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:09 PM
We don't either. I would imagine my son only has boring things to say or he may not even talk about us since we are so boring. However something we may think is normal and boring, may sound crazy to someone else.

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

Haha dang the is sad.. No I don't worry, it is what it is and most people would understand real life. We don't do anything special over here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Hahahaha. That's funny. Crackhead may sound like he has a cracked head to a 6 year old and that would definitely be something to tell his friends about.

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Not me, but my aunt got her hair done the other day. And after the guy left she was talking to her 6 and 10 year old about how he was a crack head. The little boy, 6, goes "So he was a crack head mommy? The man who did your hair" his mom replies "yes" and the first thing he says, in a super excited voice, "Can  I tell my friends?!"

Destiny907
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:11 PM

When you have kids, there is NO such thing as skeletons in one's closet! They tell EVERYTHING.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Can you imagine what kids actually hear when you are talking to another adult and how much the story changes by the time they tell it to someone else?

Quoting ethans_momma06:

Sometimes, yes.

My son pulled me aside recently to tell me a "secret" the neighbor girl told him. A secret that I am fairly certain her parents would never, ever want anyone else to hear! Oops! LOL.

I'm sure that nothing I say is sacred either. Guess you just have to watch what you say!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN