Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm going to cut my mom out of my life.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
This includes my children to, I feel a little bad because she loves my kids and they love her, but she's a toxic evil person. She's treated me like garbage my whole life. She was emotionally and verbally abusive to me as far back as I can remember. She hit me a few times and choked me twices.
I have learning disabilities, being called stupid has always hurt me bad. Every time I did something wrong I was "stupid cunt" I would never be anything compared to my brother. She would take him out shopping or to the movies and leave me home by myself because I was "to stupid to appreciate fun" but then she would shower me with gifts.
She bought me, and I let her. She used objects to guilt me when I expressed how her name calling affected me. She used gifts against me calling me ungrateful if I stood up for myself.
She and my dad are in this huge child support battle over my brother and some how I got involved.
Well I'm fucking sick of it, I'm going to take everything she's ever given me and give it back. I'm going to tell her to forget my name and forget that she ever had a daughter.
I can't keep going on, needing her approval or walking on egg shells around her. I can't worry about her talking about about me to my children (which she has done) I just can't have a mom any longer.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CodeBlue
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Sounds like you're doing what's best for you. Good luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:36 PM
She sounds like my mom except my mom also does drugs. I cut her out and I am much happier. Don't feel guilty, your kids are better off.
AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Sometimes this is what you have to do to find peace for yourself. Mother or not, they can be toxic and evil toward their children, too. Maybe this drastic step will be a wake-up call for her, and she might get her shit together. Either way, I hope it works out for you :) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:42 PM
My mom is addicted to pain pills, she gets them legally though, so it's not REALLY an addiction. *eye roll*

Quoting Summerlion1123:

She sounds like my mom except my mom also does drugs. I cut her out and I am much happier. Don't feel guilty, your kids are better off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:43 PM
My issue is that I cut my mom out and I'll end up cutting out all of my family. She controls everybody.
If she has that much influence over them then they aren't worth it either.
I'm sorry, I'm being flaky but I think I might actually have the courage to tell her how I feel this time.

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

Sometimes this is what you have to do to find peace for yourself. Mother or not, they can be toxic and evil toward their children, too. Maybe this drastic step will be a wake-up call for her, and she might get her shit together. Either way, I hope it works out for you :) 

Kermitthemom23
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Gotta do what you gotta do
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Thanks, for some reason I feel bad though. Like maybe she's a good mom and I'm the bad person.

Quoting Kermitthemom23:

Gotta do what you gotta do
AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:00 PM

I agree. If they are so easily controlled by your mother, you might do it properly. Otherwise you would leave the backdoor open for her to control you through others. It is a tough decision but I hope it will help you to put an end to all of this. Have you thought about sitting down with her and tell her everything that is heavy on your heart? If she listens or not, it might be worth a try. Not for her sake but for your peace of mind that you have addressed it one last time with her before actually telling her to stay away from you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

My issue is that I cut my mom out and I'll end up cutting out all of my family. She controls everybody.
If she has that much influence over them then they aren't worth it either.
I'm sorry, I'm being flaky but I think I might actually have the courage to tell her how I feel this time.

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I'm so sorry. I recently cut my sister out of my life just for this reason. It gets easier, and I'm breathing much easier than I have in years.

MissMia22
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:08 PM
I had an abusive toxic mother too...i cut her out and my mental/emotional health has gotten sooooo much better! currently i have to deal with her again (no choice its legally obligated of me since we have temp custody of my baby sister) and my have is falling out and i cant sleep and have migraines and stress stomach aches...i cant wait for this all to be done and her to either be placed with us permanently or be emancipated so i can be done with her again....

Make sure to give yourself time to grieve Because a permanent cut off is esentially a death. Good luck with your decision
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN