Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Idk what my kid is...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
So my ex was raised in Hawaii by white parents because he was adopted.
I asked once and he told me he was Mexican/Aztec/Hawaiian but i don't really know because he was a compulsive liar.

My problem is if my kid ever asks idk what to tell him. His dad was from hawaii but he also was adopted so he could have just been born in Mexico. This doesn't matter at all but it might to him...

Also I haven't spoken to or seen the FOB in about 2 years

Edit- I know he is an American I just don't know what to tell him if he wants specifics.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
agrisham13mom
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:06 PM
He is an American! America is a melting pot of cultures and backgrounds so I would explain that to your child and let your child know that his father was adopted and explain his birthplace.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AHmom103
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:10 PM

He's American, duh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Thats pretty good. I probably will say that.

On a side note I am not sure where he was actually born all I know is that he was a few weeks old when he was adopted and from that point on he did live in Hawaii. He might have been born in Mexico or even another state.

Quoting agrisham13mom:

He is an American! America is a melting pot of cultures and backgrounds so I would explain that to your child and let your child know that his father was adopted and explain his birthplace.

jbirdsladie27
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Exactly

Quoting AHmom103:

He's American, duh.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:18 PM
I can explain to him My families backround and Americas backround but I worry that won be enough for him. He might want to know specifics about his bio dad and that side of the family. If he wants to know why he is a little darker or why he has dark hair I do not know what to say.

He might be Mexican or Hawaiian (pacific islander) or both or something that his dad never told me...

Quoting AHmom103:

He's American, duh.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN