Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im I insane?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
It has been 2 years and I still think about him every once in awhile. I even miss him. Today I couldn't remember what he looked like I evn had to google...
I miss him even though he was an emotionally abusive asshole who threw knives at me
I miss him even though he told me to "get rid of it" when I got pregnant

We were engaged I thought I loved him but he was just an awful person. He has already moved on an had another kid and I still miss him WTF?!?!?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Replies (41-45):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Thank you

Quoting TexanMomOf6:

Just let him fade into the past. 

Explore who you are and what you really need.

I told my kids: make a list of traits to look for in your future partner. Include the attributes, skills, traits, financial goals, kids or no kids, no alcohol or drugs, etc.   Whatever is non-negotiable in your life.  THEN it doesn't matter how cute/rich/funny/charming  the person is, if they don't live up to your non-negotiables they are not the one for you. Don't try to make someone into that person you want. They are already who they are.  Don't waste time hanging out with the wrong one because the right one will see you are with someone else and not approach you.

Put the list on your bathroom mirror. Don't accept less than what you want.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow out of those warning signs the only thing he didn't do was check my phone or actually physically hurt me

Quoting TexanMomOf6:

Is This Abuse?

Dating abuse is a pattern of destructive behaviors used to exert power and control over a dating partner. While we define dating violence as a pattern, that doesn't mean the first instance of abuse is not dating violence. It just recognizes that dating violence usually involves a series of abusive behaviors over a course of time.

Warning Signs of Abuse

Because relationships exist on a spectrum, it can be hard to tell when a behavior crosses the line from healthy to unhealthy or even abusive. Use these warning signs of abuse to see if your relationship is going in the wrong direction:

• Checking your cell phone or email without permission

• Constantly putting you down

• Extreme jealousy or insecurity

• Explosive temper

• Isolating you from family or friends

• Making false accusations

• Mood swings

• Physically hurting you in any way

• Possessiveness

• Telling you what to do

Learn more about how unhealthy relationships work by exploring our power and control wheel.

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel like calling what I went through abuse insults women who really were

Quoting Anonymous:

There may be free classes in your area. Check with the womens shelter.  Don't get involved with someone else until you deal with what happened. The biggest problem is getting involved with the same person in a different package.

BTW, mine threw things at me and would punch the wall right beside me. He said he wasn't abusing me because he didn't HIT me. BS. It is called intimidation and controlling with fear. He did end up hitting me. He did end up gone..... 

KaylasMama11
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:12 AM

is this a joke? wth girlllllllllllllllllll

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:15 AM
Not a joke and I know it's stupid

Quoting KaylasMama11:

KaylasMama11
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:17 AM

aw no i would never call you stupid!!! i feel bad! emotions are a crazuy thing!

Quoting Anonymous:

Not a joke and I know it's stupid

Quoting KaylasMama11:

TexanMomOf6
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:20 AM

bow down

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you

Quoting TexanMomOf6:

Just let him fade into the past. 

Explore who you are and what you really need.

I told my kids: make a list of traits to look for in your future partner. Include the attributes, skills, traits, financial goals, kids or no kids, no alcohol or drugs, etc.   Whatever is non-negotiable in your life.  THEN it doesn't matter how cute/rich/funny/charming  the person is, if they don't live up to your non-negotiables they are not the one for you. Don't try to make someone into that person you want. They are already who they are.  Don't waste time hanging out with the wrong one because the right one will see you are with someone else and not approach you.

Put the list on your bathroom mirror. Don't accept less than what you want.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow out of those warning signs the only thing he didn't do was check my phone or actually physically hurt me

Quoting TexanMomOf6:

Is This Abuse?

Dating abuse is a pattern of destructive behaviors used to exert power and control over a dating partner. While we define dating violence as a pattern, that doesn't mean the first instance of abuse is not dating violence. It just recognizes that dating violence usually involves a series of abusive behaviors over a course of time.

Warning Signs of Abuse

Because relationships exist on a spectrum, it can be hard to tell when a behavior crosses the line from healthy to unhealthy or even abusive. Use these warning signs of abuse to see if your relationship is going in the wrong direction:

• Checking your cell phone or email without permission

• Constantly putting you down

• Extreme jealousy or insecurity

• Explosive temper

• Isolating you from family or friends

• Making false accusations

• Mood swings

• Physically hurting you in any way

• Possessiveness

• Telling you what to do

Learn more about how unhealthy relationships work by exploring our power and control wheel.

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel like calling what I went through abuse insults women who really were

Quoting Anonymous:

There may be free classes in your area. Check with the womens shelter.  Don't get involved with someone else until you deal with what happened. The biggest problem is getting involved with the same person in a different package.

BTW, mine threw things at me and would punch the wall right beside me. He said he wasn't abusing me because he didn't HIT me. BS. It is called intimidation and controlling with fear. He did end up hitting me. He did end up gone..... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)