Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Severe eczema what helps???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
Do you or your Los have a severe case of eczema? I have an outbreak on my face my lips and area around and I have cream I use by what else do you use to help it not be so bad? I'm assuming since the area is so sensitive and I try not to itch it making it worse is killing me. I really need help with remedies or stuff that can help.

Thank you so much.!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StrangeDays
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Get some lotion containing borage or burdock or both. You can find it online or in health food stores/whole foods-type stores.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mtdew
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Is the cream you have a prescription?  My son had eczema really bad and would use a prescription cream plus Aveeno.  The Aveeno really helped when he applied it consistently.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Epsom salt bath, all unscented natural hypoallergenic personal care products (California Baby shampoo and body wash for DS), Seventh Generation free and clear detergent.
MDWife12
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:52 PM
2 moms liked this
Have you tried eliminatin dairy from your diet? You would be surprised it is the culprit of a lotof eczema.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Www.hazelaid.com
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Yes it's prescribed but when I was you get I had a very bad case and even the perscribed stuff wouldn't help but it was on my arms so I hid it but now as I'm older its right on my face. And I've tried that cetalil but that doesn't work. I'm more worried about my lips just to hide it because they itch so much like little bugs crawling all the time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:53 PM

mamabear55
by sweetheart on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Oatmeal baths

Dcjgar01
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Anything greasy like olive oil. 

rliperote2
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Try an oatmeal bath i swear it works.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured