Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you be angry? Edited with more info

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
If your child's teacher (2nd grade) decided to not allow the students to pass out their valentines because the majority of the class had horrible behavior today? The teacher warned the students of the possibility in the morning, and passed out the items herself instead of allowing the kids to do it. Would this make you mad? Or did the the kid have it coming to them?

ETA: thanks ladies. I'm the meanie teacher that took away their card passing. I'm just waiting to get angry emails from parents. They really were out of control from the moment they walked in today. I've been struggling to get through to them lately, and I hope that they now realize I mean what I say. Of course, even after I erased the activity from my schedule on the board, they still couldn't hold it together during math. I personally apologized to my few kids who weren't part of the problem. They said they understood.
And you know what? I had about 4 kids whose parents filled out the valentines for them!! In 2nd grade? Hell, my preschooler did her own cards, for 30 kids! Then I had some that didn't even fill them out- not even their own name! I have quite a group this year. SMH.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pudgepocalypse
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:16 PM
3 moms liked this
They chose not to listen and behave, so there are consequences. I wouldn't be upset.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ireallydontcare
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:17 PM

No it would not make me mad.

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:18 PM

No.  Why would you be mad?  The kids got their valentines.  

jillbailey26
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Nope.  She warned them and they didn't listen.  She had to follow through.  I totally support that.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

lello
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Teachers have to have some kind of leverage.  If theyre forced to give kids special fun time privileges no matter what the kids do, the kids will run wild, imo.  And they still got the cards!

AnnieMcD
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:19 PM
This.

Quoting pudgepocalypse:

They chose not to listen and behave, so there are consequences. I wouldn't be upset.
teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Quoting pudgepocalypse:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LeahJ
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this
This. They still got their valentines, they just had to sit still while teacher passed them out. Its not like she threw them out or anything.

Quoting jillbailey26:

Nope.  She warned them and they didn't listen.  She had to follow through.  I totally support that.

xanayda
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Quoting jillbailey26:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:20 PM

they must be some pretty rotten kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)