Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

on the cruise ship .....why not evacuate it.

Posted by   + Show Post
Why are they not having enough to eat??? Where is the coast guard??? Why not evacuate??? The news isnt even talking about that
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Replies (101-106):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:20 AM
I know this is gross, but for situations like these, couldn't they have an "emergency fecal evacuation plan"?

Short of hanging your butt over the side of the ship to take a dump?

I guess if you're planning on taking a cruise, take lots of ziplock bags and save your empty water bottles. You could always eliminate in them and at least keep your room clean and free of smelly turds.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:25 AM
Lilbit, please explain the physics.

Quoting Lilbit1153:

You obviously never studied Physics?

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

how would they be injured or killed??? get a smaller boat to carry an amount of passengers at a time. i mean, its not rocket science. its better than these poor people sitting in their own shit and starving. they would do it if the boat was sinking i bet!

Quoting Lilbit1153:

No they can't! All it would get them would be even more lawsuits when the passengers were injured or killed.

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

well im pretty sure there are other boats just as big. they CAN get another one and move the people. 

i smell a shit ton of lawsuits.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because there are over 4,000 people on that ship. they do not have the resources to evacuate them.

heathercm26
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:35 AM
The thing is the toilets are backing up so its not just your own shit. Its everyones. I bet people get hepatitis.

I still sqy they should be able to bring a generator on board and operate the sewer.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know this is gross, but for situations like these, couldn't they have an "emergency fecal evacuation plan"?

I guess if you're planning on taking a cruise, take lots of ziplock bags and save your empty water bottles. You could always eliminate in them and at least keep your room clean and free of smelly turds.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Ew! That is beyond foul.

They should have locking, sealed, toilets and drains to prevent back flow.

This is AWFUL!!!!

I agree with you about the generator. Our local news reported that they had one yesterday, and that folks, "enjoyed a hot meal." What a spin!?

Oh, and that Carnival was going to refund each passenger 500.00.

Ummmmmm......I couldn't help but think that the 500.00 better be in ADDITION to the 100% refund of whatever those folks paid to be on that ship in the first place!!

Quoting heathercm26:

The thing is the toilets are backing up so its not just your own shit. Its everyones. I bet people get hepatitis.

I still sqy they should be able to bring a generator on board and operate the sewer.

Quoting Anonymous:

heathercm26
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:49 AM
They got a refund. A free cruise in the future and 500 bucks.......but 500 bucks doesnt really cover the lost work this past week the additional child care a lot of people had to arrange or figure out. I bet a lot of aunts and grandmas lost a week of work as well.

Also i bet a lot of people will never want another cruise even if it is free.

I agree with the locking sealed toilets. There should be a way.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ew! That is beyond foul.

They should have locking, sealed, toilets and drains to prevent back flow.

This is AWFUL!!!!

I agree with you about the generator. Our local news reported that they had one yesterday, and that folks, "enjoyed a hot meal." What a spin!?

Oh, and that Carnival was going to refund each passenger 500.00.

Ummmmmm......I couldn't help but think that the 500.00 better be in ADDITION to the 100% refund of whatever those folks paid to be on that ship in the first place!!

Quoting heathercm26:

Quoting Anonymous:

MsCherry10
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:53 AM

I went on royal. And it was my first and last never again.

Quoting lisairv:

Never go on carnival.....they are disgusting. If you want to go on one try royal Caribbean. They are so nice.

Quoting zomgkerrie:

It's a Carnival Cruise. Sounds like a straight  up horror movie. My DH and I were JUST talking about maybe a cruise for our honeymoon-just now getting to have one after being married 5 yrs. Heard this and suddenly we are changing plans ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured