Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you were pro-life or pro-choice at one point and changed your mind.....

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:33 PM
  • 15 Replies
What made you change it?
I am an ultrasound tech. One day a lady came into the er for something not related to her pregnancy, but they did a test and it was positive so they ordered a sono.
She already knew she was pregnant, and she already made a choice not to keep it. But no one told me that.

It's just common practice for me to show them the baby when I am done. When I turned that screen she started bawling. I felt so guilty. I thought "who the fuck am I to push that on her". It ate at me for days. I foolishly assumed she wanted to see the baby....99% of moms do.
She poured her heart out to me about how she wanted the baby, but she couldn't for various reasons.

That day I changed. I realized that I have no place judging anyone. I realized that I am no one to throw stones. I don't know this lady, I don't know where she came from, and I don't know what she had been through. And, frankly, it was none of my business.
I felt awful after that. But she changed me.
What about you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delilahsmom1177
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:41 PM

I was when I learned abortion was. I was about 10 young yea but my family was always very open with me at a young age. That was until I was 16 making sure my BF used condoms( never took the pill for the breast cancer risk I have a have a family history) I got pregnant. I could not possibly have a baby then and my BF was abusive. I got an abortion. Cried for months and broke up with the guy when he told me he had put holes in all the condoms so I would get pregnant. I do not regret it but it is a pain I still feel and would not wish it on anyone.

I'm a tattooed,bisexual,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:02 AM

having never had kids, I always felt if that is what the Mother wants to do than so be it, while I do still feel it is her choice, I dont know if I could do it now that I have kids.

AlekD
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:05 AM

I used to be pro-choice then I got pregnant and converted to Catholicism :D 

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

If you reprove someone, you yourself get carried away by anger and you are satisfying your own passion; do not lose yourself, therefore, in order to save another

Caspriel
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:05 AM
2 moms liked this
Having kids made me pro life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:08 AM

I have always been pro-choice but my DH was pro-life until our DD was born.  After going through a difficult pregnancy and difficult childbirth to have a baby we desperately wanted, he couldn't imagine our DD possibly being made to go through it for an unwanted pregnancy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:31 AM
I used to be 100% against abortion, but now I am prochoice. This doesn't mean I am all for abortion as some extreme prolifer would think. It just means I believe there are circumstances a woman might be in that we know nothing about and it is not our place to judge. True, there will be those who will abuse their right to choose, but it's not fair to punish everyone else, especially those that need the ability to have that choice to choose.
LeetjieJ
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:37 AM
I used to be 100% pro-life, and for myself I still am, but through the experiences of some friends I've realised that nothing is completely clear cut.
My motto has become: don't judge a decision you have never had to make.

I don't think abortion should be used as birth control though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:40 AM

I will always say dont have sex if you think you would have an abortion if you were pregnant

Sekirei
by LoKitty on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:43 AM

I used to be prolife.

Until i lost two friends who could have lived if they had an abortion and when I realized that I had no right to decide what was best for another person.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)