Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

are there religions/culture that don't do valentines day?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
My 6yr old tried to give his bus driver a valentine's card with a candy & the driver said he didn't want it. It hurt my son's feelings a little bit, but I told him maybe he didn't celebrate it?? Lol
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:57 PM

My friend is a Jehovah's Witness and the ONLY "holiday" or celebration they honor is their own wedding anniveraries-all others are "off limits"

Maries_Mom23
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:58 PM

That's what I was going to say...at the daycare I worked at, we had 3 kids who were Jehovah Witnesses and they were sent to the baby room when we done any celebrations (holiday or birthdays).

Quoting Isaacsmom913:

My friend is a Jehovah's Witness and the ONLY "holiday" or celebration they honor is their own wedding anniveraries-all others are "off limits"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:36 PM
He celzbrate christmas though.

Quoting Isaacsmom913:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Bump
Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Jehovah Witness... they don't have any fun!

poshkat
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:47 PM

i grew up in israel and we didn't have valentines day. i've only heard of it in the united states.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Do jahovah witnesses celebrate christmas? The bus driver celebrates christmas.

Quoting Blueliner:

Jehovah Witness... they don't have any fun!

ccnstanczak
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:19 PM

maybe the driver thought it might appear inapproriate for a man bus driver to accept a valentines from a boy and there are some people who would blow something innocent and kind out of porportion and make him look like a perv. not me but there some crazy people out there. to answer your question, JW dont celebrate Vday. my dd has 2 boys in her class that are jw and they dont celebrate any holiday party.

ccnstanczak
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:21 PM

id tell ds that he dosnt celebrate every holiday. he didnt mean to hurt his feelings. im sure he appreciated the thought though and it was very nice to think of him and do something nice for someone.

Pink.Sunshine
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses and Im not sure about anyone else. I just don't celebrate it. Religion has nothing to do with why I don't.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN