Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's STUPID!

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:04 PM
  • 40 Replies

I think Valentine's Day is  a STUPID holiday!   I never used to.  But, as I sat down and filled out 15 stupid little Valentines for 15 little kids I didn't even know for my 3 year old, this is the thought that came to mind.   I think filling out those little cards just felt like a waste of time I'll never get back!  I also thought how spoiled our children are that we're giving little pieces of paper to each other while children around the world are starving to death.   I guess I'm feeling to philisophical to enjoy this holiday this year!

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:06 PM
5 moms liked this
My kid gave out candy with his stupid pieces of paper. And he loved it, which means it wasn't a waste of time.
marihla
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:07 PM

They love it. Maybe if you save the ones from your child's friends, you'll enjoy it more.

Rbrown72707
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:08 PM

She did have fun.  Maybe I'll think differently when she can make them out herself.

Quoting Anonymous:

My kid gave out candy with his stupid pieces of paper. And he loved it, which means it wasn't a waste of time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Next year get an ink pad and lovely stamp

She may not be able to write her name, but no reason why you have to fill them out :)

Rbrown72707
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:15 PM

It was fun for her.  So,  I guess it wasn't a total waste of time.  

Quoting marihla:

They love it. Maybe if you save the ones from your child's friends, you'll enjoy it more.

Rbrown72707
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Good idea!

Quoting Anonymous:

Next year get an ink pad and lovely stamp

She may not be able to write her name, but no reason why you have to fill them out :)

AA2.0
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this
My DD loves giving valentines to her friends and getting them in return. Everyone gets a little token, regardless of looks, interests, clothes, any and all judgement is out the window and everyone gets to feel special. I think it's great.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rbrown72707
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:19 PM

That's a good way to look at it.  I guess it fits in with Character education.

Quoting AA2.0:

My DD loves giving valentines to her friends and getting them in return. Everyone gets a little token, regardless of looks, interests, clothes, any and all judgement is out the window and everyone gets to feel special. I think it's great.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:20 PM
3 moms liked this

Every holiday is stupid...but if you go around thinking, oh, I'm over here stuffing my face with turkey, or, I'm over here getting presents for Christmas, or I'm over here filling out some stupid cards for some kid, ALL while thousands of people are starving in another country.........you would really be living a miserable life. You aren't being philosophical......sorry, but you're not. You're just being miserable. You can't save the world, or sit there and expect everyone else to save the world. Its much to big to save. Love the ones you're with, life is too short to worry about another country, when they were long doomed before you were ever conceived.

AA2.0
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:20 PM
You only had to do 15. Wait until it's 30. Hopefully by then she can fill them out herself.

Quoting Rbrown72707:

She did have fun.  Maybe I'll think differently when she can make them out herself.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN