Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm not pregnant nor do I plan to become pregnant.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

But why can't I take the vitamins?? I really liked my prenatals. I'm still breastfeeding but I've heard mixed reviews about taking them while bfing. What's up with this?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Replies (21-30):
LaughingTattoo
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:15 PM

I take prenatals ALL the time lol.....I have for the last 7 years....theyre GREAT for skin, hair, and nails

kewimom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:16 PM

I started taking them when I was put on Birth control pills.  The doctor that put me on them told me it helps when your are on bc for some reason, that was years ago.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:16 PM

hahaha!

All I am saying is why cant you just take regular multi vitamins? Do you have something against regular adult vitamins?

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol I ment taking them. Teaches me to not type so fast on my iPod.

Quoting thetrollcat:

you thank your vitamins??????

Quoting Anonymous:

What is wrong with thanking them?

Quoting thetrollcat:

what is wrong with regular vitamins?

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

Hyman
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:32 PM
I think the iron content can constipate babies maybe?

That's the only reason I can think of. It's encouraged to take lots of vitamins and cod liver oil ..

I'm taking a prenatal and I'm breastfeeding and pregnant
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Nothing against normal multi-vitamins. It just that prenatals have some things higher in them that the normal multi-vitamin doesn't. I don't rember exactly because its been so long.

Quoting thetrollcat:

hahaha!

All I am saying is why cant you just take regular multi vitamins? Do you have something against regular adult vitamins?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thetrollcat:

thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Well I dunno I mean, I like regular vitamins and plus some. Your body your choice perhaps talk to your physician?

Quoting Anonymous:

Nothing against normal multi-vitamins. It just that prenatals have some things higher in them that the normal multi-vitamin doesn't. I don't rember exactly because its been so long.

Quoting thetrollcat:

hahaha!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thetrollcat:

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:41 PM

I'm horrible, I'm still breastfeeding and haven't taken my prenatals since I had DD2 (a year ago this month!)

Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:41 PM

I've taken my prenatals for almost 6 years now... pregnant, breastfeeding, and between just because I like them!

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:42 PM

They sell them otc. I have been taking them for 7 yrs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:53 PM
I was just saying no reason she couldn't take them. I take a multi every day. That's why I don't remember what the prenatals have in them.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Well I dunno I mean, I like regular vitamins and plus some. Your body your choice perhaps talk to your physician?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thetrollcat:

hahaha!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thetrollcat:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)