Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

yes, im bitter

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
I'm sorry. I just don't understand...... I see single moms of 3 and 4 who have been married 2 and 3 times. I can't even seem to get a bf and I have 1 DD. Idk maybe because I'm too picky & I don't want just anyone. I've been single for about 3 years. I have no social life & have not been in a relationship forever. Yes, i know I'm bitter. But valentines day is heart breaking for single moms who feel as if no one will ever want or love them.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:16 PM
W00T! I'm not alone
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:18 PM

set your standards lower lol

MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:18 PM
You're not alone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ireallydontcare
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:18 PM
4 moms liked this

You put too much stock in a Halmark holiday.

LiesLiesLies
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:19 PM
How do you know it's because you have a child?

I have never once met a man who had an issue with that (I'm also 29) and I have ridiculously high standards.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:19 PM

You need to hire a sitter and go out and meet some people. Get a relative to go with you if you don't want to go alone.

sign up for some of those online dating sites. Some are free and you get to put the type of person you are looking for. 

Good Luck

Amanda52007
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:20 PM

You're putting too much on this ONE day a year. You do sound bitter, but I think that's because you can't see into your future, and can't know when you'll find a good man. It seems like EVERYONE is magically happy....and then there's just you. It's not like that! 

Love yourself (you sound like you need some self acceptance) and someone can come along and love you also. 

Aleta775
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Don't do this. This is the worst advice ever. LOL. You should not have lower standards so that you can date. Being picky is a good thing. You are holding out for a great man and that does mean that it might take a while to meet him. It will be worth the wait. 

Good luck. 

Quoting Anonymous:

katarina666
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:20 PM

I'm in the same boat.But I'd rather be alone that with A. an abuser B. someone not of my faith C. someone who bores me to tears. unless I totally click with someone  it's just not going to work.Ive been in all kinds of relationships. Your not being to picky ,your being true to yourself. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:24 PM

It's true I was just joking, don't lower your standards. Would you rather be alone for a while and find a great man, or never spend a valentines day alone and go through 2 or 3 marriages to a few douchebags, mabey even have some asshole knock you up so you can be stuck with him for 18yrs-forever

Quoting Aleta775:

Don't do this. This is the worst advice ever. LOL. You should not have lower standards so that you can date. Being picky is a good thing. You are holding out for a great man and that does mean that it might take a while to meet him. It will be worth the wait. 

Good luck. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN