Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Blood Pressure during pregnancy?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:13 PM
  • 58 Replies

What is normal?

I had an appointment today and my pressure was 160/110, the nurse said it was great. However, from the research I'm doing it's NOT.

I can't even call my OB office tomorrow because they are closed.

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SunshineBird
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:15 PM

I am not sure what is considered high but I think you are approaching danger zone. How far along are you? How have your other appointments been? Mine was always right around 100 over 60. It was on the lower end of normal. 

LaughingTattoo
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Mines always 110/70 ish..... they say its perfect

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Woah!!! No. That is NOT great.. How far along are you?! You're coming dangerously close to preeclampsia.. Mine was just a tad higher when they admitted and induced me. (180/110). No protein in the urine either. When bp gets that high it can be extremely dangerous for you and baby.. Good luck momma!!
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:18 PM

I am 22 weeks. I can't remember what it was, but before pregnancy my BP was always great.

Quoting SunshineBird:

I am not sure what is considered high but I think you are approaching danger zone. How far along are you? How have your other appointments been? Mine was always right around 100 over 60. It was on the lower end of normal. 

Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:19 PM

I don't know, mine is always freakishly low prego or not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:19 PM

I had pre eclampsia and my bp was 200/100. I had my son early because of this and it sucked. Just so you know if I am not mistaken they do a pee test on you when you see your doctor and I am pretty sure they check for protein and if you have protein you have pre E.

Katalystic
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Well, it depends... What is your NORMAL blood pressure? They aren't going to scream and jump if that's your normal BP every single time- although you NORMALLY would be aware of it (assuming you are into the second or third trimester). So what is your normal BP during your appointments? And also- did they take it a second time? What was the second read?

mom_3.0
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:20 PM
That is very high. Are you sure you read it right? Heard it right?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:20 PM

22 weeks.

My OB seemed so dissmissive today because he was so far behind (I'm talking my appointment was at 3:15 pm and I didn't get to see the doctor until 4:30 pm). I'm really starting to question him as my choice of OB :-/

Quoting Anonymous:

Woah!!! No. That is NOT great.. How far along are you?! You're coming dangerously close to preeclampsia.. Mine was just a tad higher when they admitted and induced me. (180/110). No protein in the urine either. When bp gets that high it can be extremely dangerous for you and baby.. Good luck momma!!

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Very high.

Quoting mom_3.0:

That is very high. Are you sure you read it right? Heard it right?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN