Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What does it take to be a true christian?! (follower of Christ)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

Hello ladies!!! Happy Valentines Day! I have a question and I am looking for answers for mainly non-believers or non-christians... What do you think it takes for a person to be a true follower of Christ and NOT just talk about it or "preach" it to others?! Be honest okay?! We're all adults here..

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abigailsmommy11
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

All it takes is accepting Jesus as your savior and trying to be a good person. If you mess up, ask for forgiveness and you will be forgiven. But you can't set out to sin repeatedly, thinking that you can just ask for forgiveness afterwards, it doesn't work that way. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Bump for later
mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

do you mean you are looking for answers FROM non belivers or non christians?

why would you ask non believers what they think it takes to be a follower of christ?

Have you been sexually assualted? Been in a controlling relationship? Have you ever felt no one knows how you feel?  Well i do. Click on my siggy and join my support group! Hope to see you there!

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Couldn't tell ya.. I sang the song and danced the dance for years and was still scared I didn't "believe enough".

I'm relieved to finally be rid of any guilty I had from trying to be a TRUE true christian. 

onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Forgiveness, love everyone even your enemies, tolerance, humility, non-materialistic, non-political; that one's really important for a Christian. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:28 PM
That can be a tricky question, because there are so many christians that like to point the finger at other christians, calling one another false followers. Take the "No True Scotsman" fallacy. Three Scottish brothers sit down to a haggis dinner, but one brother doesn't like haggis. The other two brothers look at him and say "Well no TRUE Scotsman hates haggis." Was he not born of the same mother in the same country as his brothers? Why does the matter of his choice in food have to make him not a true Scotsman? Christians come in many shades. When I was a believer I have had the "not a true Christian" finger pointed at me because I wasn't being enough of an asshole to people. And even now as a non believer I have had many people just assume that I must be Christian because I like to treat others how I want to be treated. I think its futile to try and weed out what a real Christian is and isn't. Faith is a personal thing, and should not be so easily boxed up and labeled.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this

be absolutely hateful against anyone not like you

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:29 PM

You HAVE you to be a hypocrite!   That's the number one rule!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:29 PM
2 moms liked this

That would  be YOU.

Quoting thetrollcat:

be absolutely hateful against anyone not like you

ripemango
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:29 PM

hang on, lemme go get that camel and eye of a needle

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured