Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son fell at daycare and knocked his teeth out **update**

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:16 PM
  • 120 Replies

My stepmom called me and informed me the daycare called her because my son fell and knocked his bottom two teeth out. I called in a panic and asked what happened and why they didn't call ME or my husband. She said the numbers didn't work. They were dialing the number WRONG!!!! We picked him up right away and took him to the ER. He didn't have any other injures thank God. I have to take him to the dentist tomorrow. I am soooooo pissed off right now. When we picked him I got all of his items and said he will not be back. He cannot walk by the way so obviously he was not being watched properly. He can pull himself up. When we are at home I am always right behind him in case he falls. He seems ok though. A little cranky but not too bad.
b
One lady said he was standing holding on to something and lost his balance and another said ie was crawling and his hand slipped. All I know is the other day they told me he was pushing the high chair around the room. I have a feeling they were letting him do that again and he fell

**update**

we went to the dentist today and he did really good. he got an xray and it showed the teeth were broken off completely, nothing left. that actually turned out to be a good thing so he will not have to have any procedures. the wound is already healing really good. we have to wait until around 3 for all his teeth to come in and they can implant 2 teeth for him. they connect a wire to his molars and they remove them before his adult teeth come in. they said he had to of fallen really hard for the teeth to come out completely. but she said she sees this a lot. i went by the daycare this morning and talked to the director. she was crying, she felt really bad. she said she has told the ladies in the back that they need to put him in a swing or high chair when they are busy because he is so active for his age. she said there were 6 kids in the back and 2 adults so there is no excuse for this happening. she is very upset with her staff. i know it was an accident but also know it could of been prevented. my husand and i have to have a long talk about rather or not we will continue care there.

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:18 PM

I probably wouldn't use that daycare again too

usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Poor guy!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Did they say how it happened?
Cochise
by Dawn on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:21 PM

simple frown

LadyF86
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:21 PM
I got two different stories. One said he was holding on to something and fell.and the other said he was crawling and his hand slipped and he fell on his face

Quoting gwebkeijmmm:

LadyNCVE
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:24 PM

:( poor baby.  So sorry.  I would get to the bottom of that story.  It had to be a hard hit to knock his teeth out I would imaging.  A$$holes.  My heart hurts for you him and the now stress you have to deal with.  

Quoting LadyF86:

I got two different stories. One said he was holding on to something and fell.and the other said he was crawling and his hand slipped and he fell on his face

Quoting gwebkeijmmm:

gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
??? Do they have concrete floors? I wouldn't believe either of those stories.

Quoting LadyF86:

Quoting gwebkeijmmm:

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:25 PM
3 moms liked this
I would report the incident to licensing
LadyF86
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:25 PM
I plan on going tomorrow to talk with the director and the ladies that were watching him.

Quoting LadyNCVE:

:( poor baby.  So sorry.  I would get to the bottom of that story.  It had to be a hard hit to knock his teeth out I would imaging.  A$$holes.  My heart hurts for you him and the now stress you have to deal with.  

Quoting LadyF86:

Quoting gwebkeijmmm:

Mommy2Jolee
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Seems suspicious. My daughter fell off the monkey bars at school in December, busted her front two teeth out and shoved her front top gums into the top of her mouth. One ER visit, cat scan, concussion, two stitches, one surgery and several thousand dollars later and she's fine. She's 4 though. Hope your LO is ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)