Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wedding mishaps...Anybody!? Added another one to my list!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 109 Replies

I had plenty.

First of all, the invitations said 10-11-12 for the date and we ended up uping the date to 10-10-12 a week before the wedding because the mayor couldn't do it on 10-11-12 afterall. (We called everyone)

I was 10 minutes late to my own wedding.

The photographer should up an hour early (and attempted to charge me for it, when the paperwork said the correct time)

We forgot DH's wedding ring in the diaper bag which was left in the van which broke down a few blocks away from the park. The photographer who was video taping it just had to get a close up of the rings to show we forgot it.

I walked down the aisle to NO MUSIC. The batteries for the remote to the stereo went out.

I went to feed DH a bite of cake, and dropped it. Caught it in my hand and shoved it in his mouth lol (Of course they caught it on tape also)

and to top it all of, a balloon popped randomally and made me jump out of my skin during the vows.

The photogropher MISSED the kiss! She got a photo of us leaning in for the kiss, and a photo of us after we kissed but i have no photos of the actual kiss itself.

That pissed me off, we have it on video but come on a 12 year old filmed it and did better then she did.

Oh and, not that this is really a mishap, but DH proposed to me that morning. We knew we were going to get married, but there was no ring for me until the day of when he asked me to marry him.

This is were i got married, the guy in the wheelchair is the mayor and the woman in red is my mommy <3

oh and the guy in the corner by the car is DH i think thats everyone.

Pretty sure nobody can beat ALL of that.

It was still the second best day of my life <3

Anybody else not have the oh so perfect wedding?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TugBoatMama
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I accidentally yelled "FUCK!" in front of my whole Christian family as I was running to the chapel because the hairdresser made me late.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I had to kick my sister in law out of my wedding. She's an asshole though.

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Nope, a bump to read other stories though

bluerose26
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:01 PM
No but bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting TugBoatMama:

I accidentally yelled "FUCK!" in front of my whole Christian family as I was running to the chapel because the hairdresser made me late.

Oops

My hair was the one thing that turned out pefect

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I had to kick my sister in law out of my wedding. She's an asshole though.

If my SIL would have been invited, i'm sure i would have had her to kick her out too but luckily she wasn't there.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Nothing like yours! But we did have 2 guests who showed up that were never even invited. Who does that??

ElyseFowler
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:41 PM

bump for more stories

vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

It rained all day, then an hour before the wedding it cleared. ( outdoor wedding) during the vows the cat walked down the aisle. Lol

Denecia
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I can sum up my wedding in three words, 17, pregnant, Vegas. Okay that's two words and a number. I wish I could have a do over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured