Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wedding mishaps...Anybody!? Added another one to my list!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I had plenty.

First of all, the invitations said 10-11-12 for the date and we ended up uping the date to 10-10-12 a week before the wedding because the mayor couldn't do it on 10-11-12 afterall. (We called everyone)

I was 10 minutes late to my own wedding.

The photographer should up an hour early (and attempted to charge me for it, when the paperwork said the correct time)

We forgot DH's wedding ring in the diaper bag which was left in the van which broke down a few blocks away from the park. The photographer who was video taping it just had to get a close up of the rings to show we forgot it.

I walked down the aisle to NO MUSIC. The batteries for the remote to the stereo went out.

I went to feed DH a bite of cake, and dropped it. Caught it in my hand and shoved it in his mouth lol (Of course they caught it on tape also)

and to top it all of, a balloon popped randomally and made me jump out of my skin during the vows.

The photogropher MISSED the kiss! She got a photo of us leaning in for the kiss, and a photo of us after we kissed but i have no photos of the actual kiss itself.

That pissed me off, we have it on video but come on a 12 year old filmed it and did better then she did.

Oh and, not that this is really a mishap, but DH proposed to me that morning. We knew we were going to get married, but there was no ring for me until the day of when he asked me to marry him.

This is were i got married, the guy in the wheelchair is the mayor and the woman in red is my mommy <3

oh and the guy in the corner by the car is DH i think thats everyone.

Pretty sure nobody can beat ALL of that.

It was still the second best day of my life <3

Anybody else not have the oh so perfect wedding?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Replies (101-109):
happykitty316
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Nobody in the wedding party was speaking either to me or DH or to each other on the day of the wedding.  I'm surprised they even showed up.  DH and his mother were not speaking, and didn't speak for 3 years after.  DH & I didn't drink and ended up having to drive my drunk ass parents home.  The whole thing was a nightmare.  I was so glad when it was over.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:11 PM

My husband forgot to pick up his tux  the day we left to drive 3 hours to my hometown where the Wedding was, we stopped for lunch halfway there and he remembered, so he called one of the groomsmen to pick it up.

On the day of the wedding he left me at the alter....to go pick up his guitar and sing to me.

My husband played a lot of practical jokes on friends/family, so his best man Dennis(the menace) decided to replace the ring (my ring) with a red life saver. When the best man was supposed to give DH the ring

he handed him the ring box and it had the lifesaver in it.  The photographer got a great picture of DH openign the ring box, the lifesaver and the look on our faces.   Nothing to bad at my wedding, It went fairly smoothly.  My Sisters wedding on the other hand...

As my DH and I were driving into town the day before I look up the hill towards the park where her wedding and reception was to see smoke.  There was a forest fire at the park the wedding was at.  It had gone "underground" the day of her wedding, so we had fire trucks driving through the venue as the chairs were being set up.  6am the morning of her wedding they got a call from the minister that was supposed to marry them. She had sprained her ankle and gone to the ER only to have a heart attack while at the ER and so NOT able to do the wedding.  My parents spent the morning calling around to all of the ministers they knew and got a lady that I think had been a visiting minister at her church.  My sister had never met.  The minister showed up in a butterfly robe.  To this day we refer to her as the butterfly lady.   I had helped my sister coordinate and was lying to her about the time as the minister was really late(she had apparently been doing a funeral ) but then my cousin told her the time. When the minister got there I let her know my sisters/her  now husband's wishes for the wording of the vows and a few other things my sister had asked me to let her know.  She did not remember any of it.    I think at that point they were just glad that they were able to get married and that the fire trucks during the ceremony went by on the other side of the "cottage house" where the reception was, that was just behind the ceremony site so the sirens as they went by were lovely.. 

nikki554
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:13 PM
My mom showed up drunk to the wedding. And we had a dry reception.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:20 PM

We did the wedding thing for our vow renewal. So our son was two at the time.  At the reception, one of the other kids accidentally smacked my son in the head with a big stick, and busted his head open. Blood freaking everywhere.  I was not thinking of anything else, I just scopped my boy up to start comforting and doing the lookover.  I got soaked in blood. My dress, my arms and legs.  Of course, THOSE were the only photos the photographer took that turned out half way decent. The ones that look like I have just started eating a small child.

ktwister
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Everything went fine for the most part. We got married outside and it was very windy.

My mother, sister and I were on rocky terms. My father didn't come because of his drinking.  I had no idea if they were coming till the day of.  My wedding was in another state.   They bitched about the drive, even though they had a year to plan.  They were late to the wedding,  The first thing my mother said to me when she saw me "Wow couldn't you pick a place that was easier to find" . Not you look beautiful, I'm so happy for you, etc.   The place we picked was easy to find, had they planned accordingly they could have found it. 

Our dog was in the wedding, she brought her dog.  The dogs got into a fight.   She was pissed over that.   They took one family photo with me.  Which I honestly don't care,  I was with the people I wanted there, my best friend and my inlaws.  I wanted to tell my mom and sister to go back home. 

It hurt a litle to see how much they didn't give a crap but I was prepared for it.  I still had the wedding I wanted, the reception dinner was great. 

Kennadismom
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:33 PM
The aisle runner that the even planner gave us had someone else's monogram and date on it!! We never unrolled till ceremony started, when I got to the end of the aisle dd screamed "hey ma!! (Mind u she was the flower girl so I was right next to her) I gotta pee!!!!, Dh ripped my bustle out while we were being introduced, we had adult only reception and dh's uncle brought his grandson (dd was supposed to be the only child) and this child ran around during toasts and then proceeded to vomit behind the head table during dinner.
Mamitamaria
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I was 8 months pregnant (oops) and stumbled as I walked down the aisle and very clearly and loudly said "shit". Mind you it was a Catholic wedding in the church.

Owner-Pregnant Brides  Were you pregnant when you tied the knot? Come share your experiences. Will you be pregnant when you get married? Come learn from our stories.

Mrs.Vallo
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:04 PM

My son puked on my dress before I walked down the isle, it rained I had an outdoor wedding and I slept in a camper instead of our hotel room since DH was to drunk to move lol. Not as bad as most but I can tell you I cant wait til we renew our vows I am so doing it over.

rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Wasn't my wedding, but at my cousin's wedding, the bride's mother DROPPED dead of a heart attack while she was dancing at the reception.  I swear to God it's true.  She had just lost 70 pounds on a liquid diet.  The best man was a paramedic and tried to revive her, but she died.  My uncle was really drunk and kept saying "oh, she'll be fine, she just had too much to drink!"  It was a nightmare.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN