Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

happy freaking v day to me ...grrr

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:24 PM
  • 12 Replies

i didn't get a damn thing from dh other then a peck on the cheek and hi honey I'm home earl from work and what does he do plays with the kids after the mull him and falls asleep on the couch so i wont be getting shit for v day not even sex god i hate this freaking holiday...grrrr

h.i.m

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:28 PM

So he comes home from a day of work, gives you a kiss and a "hi honey," plays with the kids (when you could've gone and done whatever you want) and takes a nap and he's a bad guy?  How is your relationship otherwise?  Is he loving?  Is he a good father and husband?  Does he take care of you?

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

rainmommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:34 PM

im just irritated cause im big into holidays and i always make a big deal over him and the kids but he never does anything for me and all i asked for was something small that was it and i couldnt go any wheres caused by time he got home it was dinner time then bath and medicine follows and being hes hardly home he doesnt know the routines or the medicine schedule so i had to stay in to make sure everyone got the right things other wise hes a good dad on the rare occasuions hes home and i do get the one day a month to myself but do to his job drs appts and my dd soccer schedual im pretty much a single mom who ask for just a tiny amount of appretiation and attention and forget about sex that doesnt exsist in our life

ElitestJen
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:35 PM

1.  You're not a single mom.

2.  You can't complain about not having sex then refuse to have sex. 

Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Take the bull by the horns next time. Wish HIM a happy Valentine's Day and cook a special meal for you two to share.  Dh gets me a gift on Valentine's day bout fifty percent of the time.  This year I did get flowers (which I only got because I sent him out to get flowers and candy for our girls from us). If I hadn't, no big deal. But I always make sure to make a nice dinner and celebrate with him.  You can do the same if you want to

rainmommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:47 PM

who said i was refusing to have sex? he doesnt offer and when i initiate i get told hes to tired and i mise well be a single mom im mrs fix it, nurse, coach, referee, i do it all the mommy and daddy. he works 70+ hrs a week doesnt leave much time for family life. the only thing i dont do is work cause we cant afford child care in our area for our 2 youngest kids, but i do everything else. well when hes home on the rare occasion the kids are still awake he spoils them breaks our routine and then goes to bed. well i stay up after the kids go to bed checking our daily planner picking up and feeding animals and i get up with the kids in the middle of the night and get our oldest off to school so sorry if im pissed for not getting anything on v day after busting my ass making sure the house is running smoothly and our kids are taking care of well he works... i hate this freaking holiday!

rainmommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:49 PM

i did i bought him a card and a box a chocolate when i went to get the kids their presents and i got nothing  but a peck on the cheek and hi honey im home from work early he acted like it was just another day </3

Quoting Lauriemom:

Take the bull by the horns next time. Wish HIM a happy Valentine's Day and cook a special meal for you two to share.  Dh gets me a gift on Valentine's day bout fifty percent of the time.  This year I did get flowers (which I only got because I sent him out to get flowers and candy for our girls from us). If I hadn't, no big deal. But I always make sure to make a nice dinner and celebrate with him.  You can do the same if you want to

NewMamaBoo
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:50 PM

O.k.

ACDC_fan
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Uhhh.......wow. I see nothing wrong with what he did..........

opal10161973
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

That's sounds very similar to my evening.  Except mine woke up at 10pm, pissed that I didn't wake him up from his 'nap' earlier, got pissed about dinner that wasn't made (he was supposed to do it, BTW), and then he went to Walmart because there are new hot Wheels that just came out and he wants to be there when the stocker puts them on the shelves. 

I got him raw oysters and steak for Vday.  He ate the oysters and then didn't cook the steak.  Since he was the only one eating the oysters and he is the master of steak in our house, what did he think we were going to eat?  I am still peeved.

Oh and he made some remark about how I was on the computer the whole time.  Yes I was honey, researching stuff for our wedding at the end of March.  I also did not get anything for Vday.  I think he needs a nut punch right about now. 

He BETTER come home with a gift!

Sarahv717
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:56 PM
So he works 70+ hrs a week and you are complaining because he is tired? Valentines Day isn't about the guy giving a gift...maybe his gift was coming home early to spend time with his family.....just a thought.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN