Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Valentine's Day confession

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

I'm gonna be opposite all the rest of you silly women who have been complaining all day that their husbands or boyfriends didn't get them the "right" gift or a "good enough" gift....really...

I'm disappointed, but not in my husband, in myseslf. I'm really sad that I didn't get a chance to go to town and buy him a card and a little trinket to show him I love him.

We aren't in a great money situation right now so we said we'd just low key it. The kids made valentines and they loved doing that... My husband did go and get me a card after work yesterday (and those are my favorite part of every holiday) and we went to lunch (used a gift card we got for christmas) and spent the rest of the day with my in-laws. it was a nice day.

but i didn't get to GIVE anything :(  and i feel bad about it.
Maybe I'll hit the day-after sale tomorrow since it's payday and get him some of his favorite candies.  

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyNCVE
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Give him some lovin.... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Butt sex!
ElitestJen
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:37 PM

That's sweet.  I'm sure he'll appreciate the gesture.  It's not a matter of money, but thought.

Denecia
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:37 PM
I know how you feel. I told dh not get me anything because I couldn't get him anything. Well he came home with a ton of chocolate forcme. I can't even give hin sex lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Blow jobs work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:37 PM

hahaha, Mother nature decided this is the PERFECT week to visit, and neither of us are into that anyway.

jillbailey26
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:38 PM

I think what matters most is that you two are happy.  You spent the day together and had a good time.  That's pretty important.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this

You are absolutely right. I am lucky, he was really just happy to spend the day with me and our kids and relax together. He doesn't ask for much and really isn't very disappointed that I didn't get him something.

Quoting ElitestJen:

That's sweet.  I'm sure he'll appreciate the gesture.  It's not a matter of money, but thought.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I agree! I'm not REALLY that upset...i do things for him all the time and he does things for me all the time. I feel a little bad, but really seeing all these negative posts about people being so self-centered and focused on such material things is just sad.

Quoting jillbailey26:

I think what matters most is that you two are happy.  You spent the day together and had a good time.  That's pretty important.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:55 PM

I've been there. A little massage goes a long way....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN