Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rules about food.

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:46 PM
  • 27 Replies

My kids are too young to really be snooping around in the fridge but when I was younger the rule was "If you see it and want it, it's yours". Funny enough they never ate anything of mine unless I offered. I guess they wanted to make sure I had first picks. 

So how is it in your house? Let's say, for example, you bring home leftovers from a restaurant. Is anyone allowed to just grab that box when they get hungry? Or if you stop at the store and buy just 2 kiwis. Is it understood that those are yours or is the house free to take one?

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:47 PM
2 moms liked this
Unless I specifically need something to make for something else its fair game. No rules here. We r a family not roommate s
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Most stuff is a free for all, but my kids are gluttonous pigs so I sometimes have to put the breaks on them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:47 PM
I have a breast feeding infant lol so I don't get a say in this lol
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:47 PM
My son is not allowed in the kitchen. If he wants something, he has to ask for it. That means, no going into the kitchen opening the fridge or pantry.

As far as leftovers, they are fair game lol.
1_hawt_mami
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Free for everyone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ATALHEA
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this

If it is leftovers from someone's meal it belongs to that person. If it is groceries then it can go to anyone who wants it. The kids have to ask before getting food though. I usually say yes unless it is close to meal time.

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:48 PM
So far it's free for all, kid is only two and only wants to eat fruits and carrots (yay!).
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Left overs are fair game unless there is a name on it. Oh and never touch my cheesecake. Dh made that mistake once.

Anything else is fair game.
RLT2
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Leftovers are the property of the person whos dinner it was. Everything else is up for grabs.

areyouatroll
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Free for all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured