Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

well my valentines day sucked

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:50 PM
  • 1 Replies

.. i had to work which was fine and i dont mind my job i worked monday which was my birthday so thats not why it sucked... but  the guy who started yesterday to help me with shipping which is the department i am running by myself until everthing gets brought back to colorado from indiana ( long story of why this is which i am not getting into) well he screwed up 6 orders today which i had to fix after hours .. i already had to stay late because fedex was late picking up the orders so i didnt get out until almost an hour after i should have then i get to my purse and get my phone and see three missed calls and two texts.... all three calls were from my kids school. the two texts from my fiance. 

heres the thing my kid is in preschool half day afternoons tuesday thru thursday. tuesdays my dad has mondays my neighbor watches her. wednesday my fiance has her all day before and after school. thursdays he has her before school but he has a weekly meeting with his boss that he cant miss so my mom agreed to pick her up and my cousin who gets out of school around the same time will watch her and friday another neighbor watches her and takes her to school my dad picks her up. since i work 8-5 six at the latest. 

knowing that today my mom should have had to pick her up since she agreed to do it. the three missed phone calls were from my childs school saying no one had picked her up. so they called my fiance who when he heard the voicemail told his boss he had to leave... which pissed me off cause my mom agreed to this schedule..   the texts were him telling me he was getting her and hewould bring her to me after i got home. 

my mother who stops whatever she is doing no matter what it is to pick up my cousin  and do what ever for my nephew .... forgot my daughter she was a block away picking up my cousin but forgot my daughter.... 

this is the woman who never forgot my brothers.. never missed a single game of my brothers but forgot me atleast 5 times a year when i was in elementary school and 9-10 times during middle school. and when i say forgot .. i mean i was sitting outside the doors to the school were locked and only the janitor would still be there and i would have to walk 5 blocks to payphone to call her to remind her to pick me up or to the lunch lady who was a family friend who would call my mom. she missed many of my choir recitals and made me quit dance because it interfered with my brothers sports.

this woman forgot my daughter and said .. well she got picked up eventually so stop freaking out.... 

i dont know why i thought she would treat my child different or why i thought i could count on her to follow through with anything. 

the worst is everyone who has seen how she is with my nephew and my cousin comment on how she treats my daughter differently and doesnt do as much for her as she does or did for my nephew including  the teachers at my kids school and my dads coworkers.... 

i am so pissed and so just done with her. but if i stop talking to her everyone from aunts and uncles to brothers call me a selfish bitch and ungrateful

sorry i just had to vent i am lost as to what to do.. i have exhausted all my contacts no one i know can pick her up on thursdays  i have someone who can watch her but no one to pick her up and i only have a 30 min lunch and it takes 15-20 minutes to get from work to her school so i cant do it myself

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Nikki286
by Tosya on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:02 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)