Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I got CHLAMYDIA for Valentine's Day

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Got results back from Prenatal lab and it came back with chlamydia. I been married since August and my husbands in the army. i'm 15 weeks pregnant, and i know it sounds bad but i didnt get tested before marriage .2 months before getting together i had a clinic check up and i was all good. He claims the army doesnt test for chlamdydia and gonnerhea in males anymore. Also his x girl called him not to long ago venting about her husband give it to her so thats where he thinks he got it from, he believes she had it and most of gave it to her husband.

today he got paid and all i wanted was to go grocery shoping, he didnt get me anything because he had to get a new debt card. But the supermarket took checks. we got the cart full i got all my faves yogurt, veggie burgers,cocktail shrimp. we get to the cashier and our checks were voided. We just moved and the house is empty. When i got home i had to make a Struggle meal, canned kidney beans and a smoked turkey neck from the back of the freezer, over grits.

He has SGT training this month and can only come home 3 hours a day and we waste it all trying to get groceries. So im sleeping alone

HAPPY valentines Day to Me

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Replies (51-56):
DlovesM
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:51 AM

They check if you go in and request it specifically but it's not routine like it used to be which is what I believe OP was saying. 

And asking for it can be seriously embarrassing. I mean you have to fill out the sick call slip with symptoms or your request and then have it signed off by your first sergeant and your nosy sergeants wants to know why your going, then go to sick call to get a slip to refer you to the clinic later. Agh. If I thought I had something when I was in the Army, I would seriously go to the civilian health clinic during lunch just to have some privacy in the matter. Army rumor mills are the worst. 

Quoting meka26:

SO said they do get checked. He's Army. If he gives me a STD he will no longer have a dick to do anything with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:21 PM
You have to ask them to get checked and specifically for what.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:32 PM

They sure do check for chlamydia but I believe they need reason to. I know you're handling it but I hope all works out. One of my closest friends caught it from her Dh while pregnant (they are Army too) and it caused deafness in her dd. Smh. Men can carry it for years and not have symptoms.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:41 PM

I'm confused.  Either he cheated on you, or what you knew each other a few weeks before you got married?  How long does he think he was walking around with that?

Schmoopi
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I think *THIS* is fabulous advice!!

Quoting philwil:

Even if you don't know anyone....dress up sometimes and just go walking or to the store or even just to the park. Show him that you won't just sit at home and wait on him. Make sure you always look presentable, because you never know who's watching, and you also never know how insecure he actually is. Don't lose who you are just because you're in a new location. Go to Barnes and Nobles, Books a Million, or an independent book store, and just find any medical books so you can stay up on what's going on. Never make excuses, and don't use your precious little one as a crutch love. 

chane_L
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:49 PM

boy !!!!that was a struggle to read and understand. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured