Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She wants me to pay HER for someone else to watch my kid???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

My friend, who runs an in home daycare and who watches my kids on scheduled school days off, always sends her children away to friends homes when she watches my kids. I'm sure they can be a handful. So, I get it.

So, tomorrow the kids are off school and my sitter sends me a text asking if my son can tag along with her son to a friends house for the entire day. I don't know this childs parents, where they live... or anything about them other than their names. So, naturally the answer is no!

In addition to trying to pawn my kid off on someone else, she made no mention of me not paying her, and no suggestion of me paying the friends parents instead. WTH... so she expects to have my son supervised by some stranger I don't know and then have the nerve to still accept payment from me for childcare services????

I posted about this sitter recently. The link is below. Same sitter, different situation... but makes me glad, none the less, that I have decided to pursue other childcare alternatives for the summer. What happened in the post below was clearly a blessing in disguise.

My son is 11

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/18027766/MY_SITTER_BAILED_edit

btw... I am venting. Not looking for advise. And I will just say in advance that if anyone here were in my shoes and you chose to send your child to the friends house, I think you are a crazy and irresponsible parent. period.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
.betty.white.
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this
He is 11 just let him stay home....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tossed
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:06 PM

The first clue that there would be a problem is the sending her kids to a friend's house when your kid is there. That should have been a huge red flag that there would be problems. 

.betty.white.
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:06 PM
I mean you have a lunch to go hone on and breaks to Skype. The worst that will happen is he will play too many video games eat an unhealthy lunch and feel independent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Annettey19
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Yeah. That's preferable to leaving him with someone who thinks it's okay to dump him off at a stranger's place...

Quoting .betty.white.:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:08 PM

He's ADD/ADHD and has been lying... a lot. I don't trust him to stay home by himself yet.

just want to add... he is on medication for the ADHD and the sitter we use knows about his lying and story telling and can handle it. It's not like he's bouncing off the walls and the sitter can't take it anymore. lol! He is calm and we are working on his lying. But the sitter is good at knowing when he is being honest or not.

Quoting .betty.white.:

jamamama00
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:14 PM
He is eleven and can't stay home by himself?
jamamama00
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Never mind other reply just popped up sorry
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN