Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

to those so set against their daughter/s dating muslim men......

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:58 PM
  • 36 Replies

Poll

Question: would it alter your view?

Options:

no, id see a nice man that just happens to be muslim not all muslims are the same

yes he lied to me by not giving me his whole background upfront

other

your an apple

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 48

View Results

I have a few questions... What if he was very respectful towards you refused to touch your daughter in the wrong manner and insisted on taking you where they went to eat out? What if he did this and you didn't know he was Muslim because you didn't ask? What if you saw  a nice respectful young man that wanted to get to know your daughter in the old fashion way and make SURE you were there to chaperone? and then you find out hes Muslim... Would this alter your view of him?

power bitch slap internetMuslim Cat prays towards Mecca. LoL by: wirgylovesamletoandshayaprofessor cat. replySPOCK'S MILKSHAKE[]

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LisaSmock
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:02 AM

I would wonder wht he wanted me to go on there date  kinda odd int 2013 ?? I dont expect his whole life store as soon as he walks in the door. So i would not feel lied to

LisaSmock
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this

PS I only have a son and hes 4 and im about 80% that hes gay

helema24
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:03 AM

lol apparently im an apple......

power bitch slap internetMuslim Cat prays towards Mecca. LoL by: wirgylovesamletoandshayaprofessor cat. replySPOCK'S MILKSHAKE[]

theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Why would I decide who I wanted my DD to date based on race, religion, etc?  I don't care who she dates as long as they treat her right, aren't criminals, etc.  There is no specific race or religion she needs to avoid.

helema24
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:07 AM

in our faith the man may show interest in the woman but he has to have a chaperone to speak with her if he is to be a proper Muslim man. like th eold days we expect them to get mama n daddy of the girl or a wali (neutral representative that acts as guardian) involved and to ask permision BEFORE dating the girl/woman.

Quoting LisaSmock:

I would wonder wht he wanted me to go on there date  kinda odd int 2013 ?? I dont expect his whole life store as soon as he walks in the door. So i would not feel lied to

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I would have no problem at all if DD dated or married a muslim is that is what she chose. 

So i voted you were an apple :P just to be a butt :P 

Annettey19
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:09 AM

I really wouldn't care. As long as he was going to make my daughter happy, and she was prepared for the life she'd potentially have with him, I'd tell her to go for it.

LisaSmock
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:10 AM

I would like my son to be with some one who has the same religion as we do but if he picks another girl then that is his choice  same if had a girl   he/sh will have to live with the person not me

helema24
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:10 AM

i knew a guy that you would think was gay because of th eway he acted and looked... then he surprised us all when he showed up at lunch holding a girls hand and even kissing her as he took her to her car latter that day. last i heard he was married and has a few kids!! he was just really in touch with his softer side!

Quoting LisaSmock:

LisaSmock
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:12 AM

I would not care if he was. i feel Love is Love and i would be happy as long as he found love.  better to have love then hate 

Quoting helema24:

i knew a guy that you would think was gay because of th eway he acted and looked... then he surprised us all when he showed up at lunch holding a girls hand and even kissing her as he took her to her car latter that day. last i heard he was married and has a few kids!! he was just really in touch with his softer side!

Quoting LisaSmock:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured