Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

to those so set against their daughter/s dating muslim men......

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: would it alter your view?

Options:

no, id see a nice man that just happens to be muslim not all muslims are the same

yes he lied to me by not giving me his whole background upfront

other

your an apple

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 48

View Results

I have a few questions... What if he was very respectful towards you refused to touch your daughter in the wrong manner and insisted on taking you where they went to eat out? What if he did this and you didn't know he was Muslim because you didn't ask? What if you saw  a nice respectful young man that wanted to get to know your daughter in the old fashion way and make SURE you were there to chaperone? and then you find out hes Muslim... Would this alter your view of him?

power bitch slap internetMuslim Cat prays towards Mecca. LoL by: wirgylovesamletoandshayaprofessor cat. replySPOCK'S MILKSHAKE[]

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Replies (31-36):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Quoting helema24:

the chaperone is to keep the girls reputation intact. its not a "i cant control myself" issue its a "people can make up what they think went on and then spread rumors" thing. also our boys are taught that mama is special and you need to treat the mother of the girl you are seeking to marry if the match is good as if she were your own. this means that he brings you gifts and takes you with your husband and daughter (if you ahve a husband) out to dinner and pays for it to show he respects you both!!

the OP clearly states "if you didn' know he was muslim".

my response is solely based on that, If I didnt know the male's religious preference how would I react? I would react negatively to anyone who didn't trust my adult daughter's decision making capabilities. 

If you and your cohorts find that meme worthy or otherwise, again that is on you and your culture. Not me or mine.

and if (knowing religion) women are held in such high esteem, then please explain honor killings.

Because in the west a man's honor is not found between a woman's legs.

ncohetero
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:37 AM
I wouldn't mind many daughter dating any race, religion, etc. Love is love
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Well as long as he was okay with having a pro-Israeli Jewish MIL lol then I have at it. I went on a few dates with a Muslim boy when I was younger and he was very sweet. It didn't work out though because I was living in TX at the time and he lived at a Canadian boarding school.
helema24
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:02 AM

those honor killings are a tribal thing not islamic. btw there are hindus that honor kill and christians that honor kill so should i say those religions condone it? even though in all three religions the punishment is death for the person that killed the woman or girl? you need to learn the truth and not what daniel pipes crowd tells you to believe.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting helema24:

the chaperone is to keep the girls reputation intact. its not a "i cant control myself" issue its a "people can make up what they think went on and then spread rumors" thing. also our boys are taught that mama is special and you need to treat the mother of the girl you are seeking to marry if the match is good as if she were your own. this means that he brings you gifts and takes you with your husband and daughter (if you ahve a husband) out to dinner and pays for it to show he respects you both!!

the OP clearly states "if you didn' know he was muslim".

my response is solely based on that, If I didnt know the male's religious preference how would I react? I would react negatively to anyone who didn't trust my adult daughter's decision making capabilities. 

If you and your cohorts find that meme worthy or otherwise, again that is on you and your culture. Not me or mine.

and if (knowing religion) women are held in such high esteem, then please explain honor killings.

Because in the west a man's honor is not found between a woman's legs.

power bitch slap internetMuslim Cat prays towards Mecca. LoL by: wirgylovesamletoandshayaprofessor cat. replySPOCK'S MILKSHAKE[]

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:08 AM
If my daughter loves the guy and he treats her right then great.

Now that being said. I would prefer her marry someone of our own faith. Simply because it make life easier. I was married to someone of a different faith and it caused a lot of issues. Mostly from him. I am Christian. He is not. I am raising my daughter to be a Christian. She is mine from a previous relationship. He didn't see eye to eye with that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Oh I know they aren't all like that but there still would be a part of me that would be worried she would have same experience. Though i would be there to support her and the relationship as long as I felt he was a good person and treated my dd right

Quoting helema24:

yuh i started dating mine and his brother didnt know who i was till one night he heard us talking in my dhs room....umm they had a discussion that sounded like wtf dude i was wanting to date that girl.... i didnt say much because i didnt speak a lick of arabic but they confessed a few months latter that they both had wanted to date me....but i had a diff experience in the fact that his family threw  ahuge party in his country when we got married!! they arent all that bad.

Quoting Anonymous:

I will be completely honest I would have reservations about my dd dating some one who is muslim but not for the reason you would think. I wouldn't want her treated way I was when I dated a muslim boy. We kept our relationship secret because of his family. They eventually found out and it got nasty they didn't want him dating a white girl they screamed obscenities at me and his dad hit him. I was harassed by his family. We broke up because it was too much. I would hate for.my.child to go through that but I would give the relationship a chance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)