Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My confession for the day

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

My confession for V-Day:

When I see people posting messages about how wonderfull their husband is and going on and on... I secretly think they must be really REALLY insecure to have to publicly post this on FB. I have a wonderful dh and husand but I think its inappropriate for me to post stuff like that on FB esp since I have frineds who are widwed/divorce/never married etc. 

And I ESPECIALLLLY think that when a wife posts the msg on the husbands wall and vice versa

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:43 AM

I don't post messages about myself and DH often.  I think in the 5 years we have been married I have maybe posted about us 3 or 4 times. Usually on our anniversary.  I don't post things to his wall because he doesn't have one.  Sometimes I just get sick of people complaining about how all men are pigs and there are no decent men left in the world, etc.  Its not like that and people need to realize that.

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:46 AM
2 moms liked this
Learn to spell check and get over your insecurity. Let people be happy expressing their love... Better than reading pity parties or the usually negative crap online.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:46 AM
1 mom liked this
When I see post like this... I think someone should smile & stop assuming.
I post about my dh all the time. We're happy & he's a awesome person.
Why is it so weird for someone to post about being proud or happy?

Beats the boo hoo I'm sad, mad, cheating, cheated, abusive, bitter post.

Funny how it's ok to put the bad out for the world to gossip about.
But put something good or positive & every secretly bitter bitch in the world assumes you're miserable. lmfao
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Seems that's all that's acceptable anymore.
Guess as the old saying goes misery loves company.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't post messages about myself and DH often.  I think in the 5 years we have been married I have maybe posted about us 3 or 4 times. Usually on our anniversary.  I don't post things to his wall because he doesn't have one.  Sometimes I just get sick of people complaining about how all men are pigs and there are no decent men left in the world, etc.  Its not like that and people need to realize that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Just being on FB makes you a lameass follower.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this

It drives me crazy, there is one girl on my FB who is constantly in and out of relationships and when they break up of course, its always the guys fault.  I am sorry but if YOU can't keep a relationship together with anyone then the common denominator is YOU.  (Not you as in the person I quoted lol)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

AA2.0
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:55 AM

I don't post about SO and myself very often at all. I disagree, though. Most of the people I see post are just proud of what their SO/DF/DH thought to give them. Some were creative, some were typical. But I don't think there's anything wrong with sharing what one was given for v-day.

The ones that annoy me are the bitter single bitches or the ungrateful twats who whine all day on FB in their posts about how miserable they are because all men are scum or they didn't get the gift they wanted. I want to kick them in the vagina.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:57 AM
oh I have three of those.
I got so tired of hearing their, men are pigs, men are dogs, all men cheat, all men are this & that.
So I posted a status update.....

All men aren't the same, some are great. They just don't deal with girls who've been on more Weenies than hunts ketchup has. :)

Sad though. None of the three thought that was funny. lol

Quoting Anonymous:

It drives me crazy, there is one girl on my FB who is constantly in and out of relationships and when they break up of course, its always the guys fault.  I am sorry but if YOU can't keep a relationship together with anyone then the common denominator is YOU.  (Not you as in the person I quoted lol)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

chas1217
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:05 AM

I post about df and myself, not all the time but sometimes. I also post things to his wall, as he does mine. It's not because we're insecure or unhappy, I post things to his wall because it's either something that made me think of him, or I wanted him to know that I was thinking about him. Doing things like this can help keep relationships more "fresh", people are suprised to find oput that we've been together for 5 years because we act like a new couple with the flirting and our happiness. I actually posted this to his wall today

BrighteyedAsh
by Ashley on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:19 AM
Lol. I kind of agree! Lol. I'm pretty private about it on fb. I DID post the flowers he got me though, but I DON'T routinely post publicly to fb about how amazing he is.

I WILL confess that bf occasionally posts to me while he's away (He works 4 days on and is off 4), like today where he apologized via fb for having to work on V-day. I think it's his way of publicly acknowledging and expressing his affection and preference.

The rare other times he does it, I'm pretty sure it's with the explicit intent of inducing friendly vomit. (;

But no, I don't post to fb about how vast and deep my love is for him...I send that via text when he's away. And when he's home, I say it directly to him.

I know in our case it's not territorily, but it's not extensively exuberant either, nor frequent.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured