Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My confession for the day

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My confession for V-Day:

When I see people posting messages about how wonderfull their husband is and going on and on... I secretly think they must be really REALLY insecure to have to publicly post this on FB. I have a wonderful dh and husand but I think its inappropriate for me to post stuff like that on FB esp since I have frineds who are widwed/divorce/never married etc. 

And I ESPECIALLLLY think that when a wife posts the msg on the husbands wall and vice versa

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Replies (11-12):
BrighteyedAsh
by Ashley on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think it's that though, I do know relationships who REFER to eachother or occasionally talk up their partner. And THOSE couples don't sit there and bitch about their partners to fb. Really stop and consider 'THAT guy' or 'THAT girl' who will in one week post about what a total douche her SO is and then a week later act like they're just so BLESSED. It's bipolar and disgusting and directly looks insecure and inappropriate. The bash and defend like clockwork. I could post you screenshots and I know people who have deleted people over it because it's annoying.

One of my friends is VERY abusive to her boyfriend and SO drama. They have no emotional filter and will completely trash their partner and then...like...2 posts later...talk about how they have 'the best guy in the world' and post their anniversary date like a sign off...in a time of year with no actual relation to any anniversary of it.

Another couple of girls...'randomly' post their affection RIGHT after their guy adds a new girl to their page.

My incredibly abusive ex got a new girlfriend a while back, and people DELETED them (both sides) because they were ridiculously exuberant when the people knew otherwise of them. Recently while in a convo with a co-worker, she told me, "Omg, I had your ex's gf on my friends list and deleted her when they started dating. It was seriously annoying how they went from being single to being madly in love and had to tell the world." I laughed and told her how she'd dumped him not long after because he 'slipped' and called her a bitch. This girl isn't typically catty, and I know her to be VERY truly empathetic and warm.

The friends I know in consistent and happy relationships simply post a message every now and again specifically praising or acknowledging WHY they feel moved with appropriate reasoning.

The people, I feel, are being referred to are the ones constantly posting about their drama filled, off and on relationship that clearly lacks communication or partnership.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Lol, I agree. Dh and I have been together for so long, if he wasn't wonderful, I'd be an asshole for still being with him. I don't air my laundry, I don't care how good it smells.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)