Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Migraines/cervical migraines

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:45 AM
  • 28 Replies
I suffer from 2 different types of migraines my treatment has been imitrex but it's starting to not work for me anymore.. Anyone who sufferers from these what treatment works for you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:46 AM

I was using imitrex for my migraines but when I got diagnosed  with sleep apnea and started my cpap therapy the migraines went away. I also could use the excedrin if I caught the migraine early enough.  I hope you find something else to help you because Migraines suck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:49 AM

wtf is a cervical migraine?

ForeverInLove
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Do you see a good chiropractor?
have you tried to do a food journal to see if something you are eating could be causing them too? Things like aspartame,.sucralose,.and msg can all trigger migraines.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tinakinakins
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:52 AM
This

Quoting Anonymous:

wtf is a cervical migraine?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Quoting theosgirl45:

I was using imitrex for my migraines but when I got diagnosed  with sleep apnea and started my cpap therapy the migraines went away. I also could use the excedrin if I caught the migraine early enough.  I hope you find something else to help you because Migraines suck.

This happened to me and she's right. Also I have sinusitis really bad and allergies, So on the days where I dont get relief I dose up on decongestants and antihistaminesand of course Excedrin and im fine. Imitrex didnt work for me it just made me get a caffeine rush but then when I came down from that the migraine was still there. My doctor tried to give me the shots but I hate shots so I went to an allergist and she suggested I get a sleep study and I have the same thing as the PP. (sleep apnea)on top of that I went to see a neurologist and they suggested surgery for my nose or just take a decongestant everyday with allergy meds which I do and its working for now. You may have to try many different types of therapies to help . My main thing was to find the trigger and stay far away from it. Take care and good luck.

Jubileee
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:54 AM
I'm on Topamax
JP-StrongForTwo
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:54 AM

maxalt works awesome. they have a long term (you take daily) and a fast acting melt away that LITERALLY stops the migraine in 20 minutes (i timed it!) 

BobbieJo286
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Cervical migraine is in the neck which runs up the back if your head. I had surgery in my neck 2 levels of disc removed 2 diner disc put in and a titanium plate holding them in place tooooo try to fix by neck ordeal. I don't have sleep apnea been tested 4 times, I don't start gettin them til end if my pregnancy 2 years ago and also have blood pressure problems since prey I have done food diary and migraine diary. I have tried many different medications and just when I think I'm in luck it seems to fail
BobbieJo286
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Tried em :) didn't work... :(

Quoting JP-StrongForTwo:

maxalt works awesome. they have a long term (you take daily) and a fast acting melt away that LITERALLY stops the migraine in 20 minutes (i timed it!) 

graciesnycmama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Maxalt, imitrex, celebrex and the rest have never worked for me either. I get cluster headaches, cervical and regular migraines. I've been on Neurontin aka Gabapentin for years for migraine prevention. I used to get migraines 12 or more times a year and now it's about 4 times a year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)