Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Questions about Chris Dorner

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm not one to prepare my tin foil hat but something isn't adding up here....

Last week the LAPD said they found Dorner's wallet by a boat he tried to steal.  

This week they said they identified his body by finding his identification (wallet) next to it after the fire. 

If I where burning to a crisp wouldn't my wallet be too?  How did it get from point A (the boat) to point B (my charred remains)??

You know you want it

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Replies (21-28):
bbyB10
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Lol LAPD California authorities everything here
IS REAL HOLLYWOOD
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
phoebe81
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Honestly, I think they deliberately set the fire with the burners. I also think that even if they didn't intend for him to burn in the house, he would have been shot dead once he tried to escape the fire or gas. He was a cop killer. 

Can I say that what they did was right? No. But I can't make myself care too much that he's dead. He was guilty and there was no doubt about it. He deserved to die and would have eventually been put to death. I'm sure those cops saved the state a ton of money.

Quoting .betty.white.:

But they reported for over 24 hours the wallet and now the audio of the controlled burn.

Quoting phoebe81:

They identified him via dental records.

"Sometimes it is better to be kind than right. We do not need an intelligent mind that speaks, but a patient heart that listens."

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:32 AM
The media is not required to check facts before they report. They can report as much false information as they want. It's good for ratings.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:33 AM
I got it and copied the part about the ID for anyone else who wanted to read it. Thanks! I don't generally believe in conspiracy theories but this ID thi g is too crazy to ignore

Quoting .betty.white.:

just posted.  Let me know if you need clicky before my computer dies its at 17% :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks I did a quick google search but there is so much more recent news about him nothing showed up

Quoting .betty.white.:

ya I'll go grab it hold on let me look it up again.

Quoting Anonymous:

My MIL died in a house fire. Her body was burned beyond recognition. She was just a partch of gray soot, but underneath her was a magazine that barely burned. Her body shielded it from the fire. You could still read the pages.

With that I would imagine his ID was in his pocket and his body shielded his ID from the fire.

I don't remember hearing his wallet was found next to a boat. Do you have a link for that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:34 AM
Don't believe what you are told on t.v. case in point find me a news report video or a picture with a plane in the pentagon on 9/11.
.betty.white.
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:34 AM
1 mom liked this

No..  nyt v sullivan lol.  your statement is false.  I also get super impressed with myself when I can regurgitate random court cases lol.  That was totally random.  Ok I'm falling asleep

Quoting Anonymous:

The media is not required to check facts before they report. They can report as much false information as they want. It's good for ratings.

You know you want it

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:49 AM
The plaintiff has the burden of proof and it has to be proven that it was defamation of character and that the publisher knew the statment was false. That's something that is difficult to prove.

Notice they use the word "allegedly" a lot. They could also say "according to sources" and that removes liability on their part. So, yes they can report what they want without checking facts, as long as they're careful about how they word things and that no one can prove they knowingly reported false information.

Quoting .betty.white.:

No..  nyt v sullivan lol.  your statement is false.  I also get super impressed with myself when I can regurgitate random court cases lol.  That was totally random.  Ok I'm falling asleep

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:16 AM
I was thinking about the wallet thing today!

They said they didn't purposely burn the cabin, but I listened to audio where they said they WERE going to set the fire. And don't forget that they ordered all media helicopters not to shoot video at one point.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)