Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Better Late than Never!! My Valentine's Day Gift :0)

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:56 AM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

DH finally came home after a long day at both jobs with my Valentine's Day gift. 2 pairs of Toms and 2 boxes of chocolates (one Reece's & one Hershey's Pot of Gold) Yay! I told him I really wanted the Valentine's Day Toms (the ones with hearts all over) and he didn't realize they were online only, so he found the red ones and saw the grey dot ones were on clearance so grabbed those too.  

I made him BBQ brisket for dinner and bought him a bamboo plant for his desk, 2 new travel mugs, 2 boxes of Girl Scout cookies, and made 150 cupcakes for his students (he's a 7th grade Science teacher).

Just thought I would share :0)

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Sweet.

Serious question..... what's the hype with Tom's?
I see so many people saying they like them on fb but I've never seen any irl.
Are they super comfy or something?
NBean311
by Chivette on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:03 AM

Nice! Toms are so comfy! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Good question. No offense to op but I think they're ugly and plain. They better be comfy cuz I hear they're not a cheap shoe. My aunt got some in blue and they just look like a house slipper with rubber soles.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sweet.

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:08 AM

Too bad from your pic they look flat. The only flats I wear are uggs and my slippers.

kgsharber
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:10 AM

I have liked them since they very first came out years ago. I currently have 12 pairs now.

They started the whole "One for One" concept, but they really carry it out thoughtfully with as little financial & environmental waste as possible.

THEY ARE MADE (assembled, see below about fabrics/soles) IN THE USA!!!

I also like the way they feel, the materials they use are all soft and breathable fabrics.

The materials are products that are sourced to help build communities (not just made in China bs).

They actually mold to the shape of your foot, you each pair is like a custom made shoe that will fit your foot exactly after the first week of wear.

Quoting Anonymous:

Good question. No offense to op but I think they're ugly and plain. They better be comfy cuz I hear they're not a cheap shoe. My aunt got some in blue and they just look like a house slipper with rubber soles.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sweet.

kgsharber
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:12 AM

^^^^

Quoting Anonymous:

Sweet.

sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Out of everything you said, I was only interested in the last part. So they mold to your feet? That sounds comfy. I might wanna try them. Kinda sounds like the memory foam pillows :) I love those suckers lol.

Quoting kgsharber:

I have liked them since they very first came out years ago. I currently have 12 pairs now.

They started the whole "One for One" concept, but they really carry it out thoughtfully with as little financial & environmental waste as possible.

I also like the way they feel, the materials they use are all soft and breathable fabrics.

The materials are products that are sourced to help build communities (not just made in China bs).

They actually mold to the shape of your foot, you each pair is like a custom made shoe that will fit your foot exactly after the first week of wear.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Sweet.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:13 AM

mr. mackey?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:14 AM
My thoughts exactly. They remind me of the cheap $5 shoes from Walmart or tgecdollar store my grams used to wear to garden.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Sweet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I may have to find some, I can only wear tennis shoes because of a back injury anything that doesn't mold to my foot snuggly & flat makes me lose balance.
These would be cutier to wear during the summer.
Thanks for the info. :)

Quoting kgsharber:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Sweet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured