Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In the last few days I've been spending the money SO gave me from his taxes. Heres what I got:

For DS (7 months old):
A baby laptop
A Lightning McQueen activity racer
New diaper bag
New pacifiers
New nipples for bottles
Yo Gabba Gabba blanket
Teddy bear blanket
New shoes
10 new outfits
2 boxes of diapers
1 box of wipes

For me:
Rockos Modern Life tshirt
Marilyn Monroe tshirt
"U Mad Bro?" Tshirt
2 new bras
New panties
2 new pairs of jeans
Coverup
Mascara
Eyeshadow
Shampoo
Body wash
New toothbrush

We also bought a new microwave, a Kinect for Xbox & a crapload of stuff we need for the house.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:59 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:08 AM
im going to guess youre really young.im 22 and wouldnt wear those kinds of shirts.you have a kid grow up a bit
SLMitchell
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:08 AM

I know how that goes.  I have been losing weight over the past year, and I had to buy new clothes, as everything was either too big or too small.  We generally make a list of everything we need/want, and make sure that at least half of our return goes to savings.

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Hows that? We paid bills and rent first. I also needed new clothes, everything in my dresser was getting too small for me. And our 7 month old is in 12 month clothes now so he also needed new outfits.

Like I said, we also bought things we needed for the house. And we still have over $1400 in the bank.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like you did a great job wasting money. Keep up the good work.

I am...a dreadlocks sportin', vegan food diggin', garden growin', floaty skirt wearin', bare feet steppin', from scratch cookin', non-spankin', homeschoolin', fiction writin', couponin', dog adoptin', displaced Texan, wife of a soldier and mother of a darlin'...

Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:10 AM
2 moms liked this

Seriously? Some people are so annoying. I don't think you wasted it. I mean geez, you must have wasted all of $4 on that toothbrush. Couldn't you just keep the old one?

ShanesMommy2012
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:10 AM
Holy shit. Just because I'm a mom doesnt mean I cant wear what the fuck I want. Sorry, I dont want to wear boring ass clothes.

Btw, I'll be 22 in May.

Quoting Anonymous:

im going to guess youre really young.im 22 and wouldnt wear those kinds of shirts.you have a kid grow up a bit
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Awesome, no judgement, just curious, thanks for answering my question.

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

No, we paid everything else first. We know our priorities.

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you ignore paying off debts or bills to get the stuff? If so, that sucks. If not, hope your choices on what to buy were helpful.

ShanesMommy2012
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol.
It was actually a 2 pack for $1.75 :)

Quoting Ultra_:

Seriously? Some people are so annoying. I don't think you wasted it. I mean geez, you must have wasted all of $4 on that toothbrush. Couldn't you just keep the old one?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:13 AM
so you prefer childish clothes?have at it i suppose.When noone takes you seriously as an adult you know why.

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Holy shit. Just because I'm a mom doesnt mean I cant wear what the fuck I want. Sorry, I dont want to wear boring ass clothes.

Btw, I'll be 22 in May.

Quoting Anonymous:

lendales_mommi
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Classic:) LOL I totally agree

Quoting Ultra_:

bbyB10
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:15 AM
Cool=))))

I shop every week ;)
lendales_mommi
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:16 AM

You paid bills and did what responsible adults do LOL I only wish i had money left over to spend like that after paying bills....but this year i got behind on a few things and didnt get as big of a refund...oh well....YOu do you I will do me....must have been fun putting all that stuff away though. I love that part ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured