Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Regret planning this wedding vent

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies
*disclaimer I do not regret my soon to be husband*

36 days til the wedding and I'm regretting even planning this thing. We should have just had a small simple thing at the nursing home in the garden with my grandma present with the family. But no somehow I got talked into spending money we don't have on this wedding. Yes it could be hormones talking since af just arrived but seriously why spend all this money on a wedding when you could have easily just did a simple jop in the garden? I mean for 100 people invited to the wedding catering is $1,500. Photographer is $900. Cupcakes $350. My dress $250 without alterations that are not done. Decorations $500. Flowers $600. Df doesn't have his tux or suit. Flower girls have their dresses, thank god for employee discounts, ring bearer doesn't have his. My mom doesn't have her outfit. Df's mom isn't even coming. There are many more things I could go on about but seriously our budget is $5000. We are almost there. Not to mention that our registry emailed me saying "sorry but there are items on your registry that no longer exist. Please delete these items." Well I looked into these items and it was 50 out of my 80 items. So I had to re do my registry. Also my wedding ring was stolen 6 months ago and no claim could be filed so now I have to find a new one.
Sorry I don't mean to sound so bitter about the wedding. Im looking forward to it but I'm just at a loss for why couldn't we just have done the simple route?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:29 AM

I understand. I think down the road a little you will enjoy the memories! But for right now you are in "wedding hell". 

alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:30 AM
My wedding was about 12,000. The only thing that bothered me, is literally no one would help besides DH. I couldn't even get more than one girl at a time to go get fitted for their dress. I had to go 5 seperately times. We had to pick out the dress online and I had to send dress choices individually over text to all 5 girls. It was just frustrating. And my mom kept griping asking why I couldn't just do a 2,000 wedding. Why couldn't I get a $99 dress instead of the $740 one. Then she refused to walk me down the aisle when I asked (my dad died when I was 15). She kept asking me to let my alcoholic step dad wall me down and I said no, I'd walk alone. Finally my family made her feel bad enough to do it. Ugh weddings!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:33 AM
Jeez. I understand! For 60 people I am doin catering for $375, flowers $270, venue $1400, dress alterations $250, moms dress and accessories were $70, cake (2) for $300, decorations around $250, personalized wedding favors, napkins, flutes, cake topper, memorial frame, cake servers and some candles for $300, photog $450. Officiate $100, and $200 in random stuff so far.
I'm doing what I want. A little more than simple just bc I wanted some flare, but if you don't like it, tweak it! Shop around :-)
jillianmayasmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:34 AM
Planning my wedding was the most hellish year of my life. Sorry. I hope everything works out and you enjoy your day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:35 AM
I hear you on the bridesmaid! I had to go 4 times! And naturally the dress I wanted and they picked had to be ordered and take 8 weeks. They are arriving 15 days before the wedding... No time for errors!

Quoting alyssaravensmom:

My wedding was about 12,000. The only thing that bothered me, is literally no one would help besides DH. I couldn't even get more than one girl at a time to go get fitted for their dress. I had to go 5 seperately times. We had to pick out the dress online and I had to send dress choices individually over text to all 5 girls. It was just frustrating. And my mom kept griping asking why I couldn't just do a 2,000 wedding. Why couldn't I get a $99 dress instead of the $740 one. Then she refused to walk me down the aisle when I asked (my dad died when I was 15). She kept asking me to let my alcoholic step dad wall me down and I said no, I'd walk alone. Finally my family made her feel bad enough to do it. Ugh weddings!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:37 AM

Be thankful your having a "real" wedding, enjoy your day. I never had one. 

mattiehatter
by Mary on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:39 AM

I started having weekly mental breakdowns at the point you are at. Ten days before my wedding I finally received my dress only to discover that I would need super hooters to fit the bust. I bawled for three hours and told him that I didn't think I could find a seamstress in time. Lucky for me the woman who made the grooms cake knew a woman. My mother told me to cancel if I was this stressed. If I could have killed her through the phone I would have. Hang in there hun!

xomrs.chase
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:40 AM
Weddings can be very stressful to plan. Honestly- I wish I was rich and could have hired someone to do it for me (lol)

But believe me, all that stress melts away the second you see your groom. When I looked into my husbands eyes nothing else mattered.

The best advice I got while planning: it won't be perfect. Weddings never are- something always goes wrong. So what you have to do is roll with whatever comes. Go with the flow, or you'll be miserable on the happiest day of your life so far.

And boy was he right! But I was the calmest bride my haIr stylist had ever seen! I got 3 calls while waiting for the limo
1. The ring bearer got banana on his shirt. The only other one we have is blue (instead of red). "Blue is fine don't worry"
2. The BEST MAN isn't coming (Dh called in a panic) "sweetie you have two brothers and a good friend as groomsmen. Call one I'm sure he'll step up" (the friend did and wrote his adorable speech on a napkin! It was so cute!)
3. (A text from my aunt- her and my mom got into a fight) maybe I should just go home and leave you people alone!!!! "Just come."

Hahaha my bridesmaids' mouths dropped when I started laughing....

It was a beautiful day and I still wouldn't change a thing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:42 AM
I loved my wedding for the most part, but planning in chaos! I hope everything turns out alright!

Quoting Anonymous:

I hear you on the bridesmaid! I had to go 4 times! And naturally the dress I wanted and they picked had to be ordered and take 8 weeks. They are arriving 15 days before the wedding... No time for errors!

Quoting alyssaravensmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:42 AM
I've been in wedding hell since November when I had to shell out $200 bucks cause my bridesmaid quit on me and never paid for the dress! I think that's when it all started. And now that we are so close to the day it's all just sinking in.

Quoting Lindalou907:

I understand. I think down the road a little you will enjoy the memories! But for right now you are in "wedding hell". 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN