Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

buying stuff on top of cs payments-edit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 305 Replies
Dh has a daughter and we have two kids together. He pays cs every two weeks and a LOT of cs. We sometimes struggle living paycheck to paycheck and before any bashes, I know that his kid was born first, we didn't have to have kids, blah blah blah. We have a little extra money due to some overtime. I mentioned to dh buying some clothes for our kids for spring. He said sure, we could get all three of them stuff. His dd doesn't live with us and doesn't even have overnight visits so the clothes wouldn't be left at our house. Bm gets a LOT of cs to make sure she is clothed. I told him I didn't think that was fair and wanted to spend the clothes on the two that don't get stuff often. He is mad. Am I wrong?
Eta- his dd always wears gapkids and not clearance. My kids Target and that is also where the new stuff would be coming from Bec again, we don't have a ton of money.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluerose26
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:36 AM
I think its only fair every kid get clothes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:37 AM
If he wants to buy clothes for her then let him. I struggle trying to buy stuff for my dd bc my cs amount sucks and he refuses to buy her anything extra. Maybe just remind him of the financial situation and let him decide what to do on his own.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:38 AM
3 moms liked this
His child deserves clothes too. Wtf ? If this is what were are complaining about today I would rather hear people bitch about food stamps or valentines day.
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:39 AM
11 moms liked this
If she its better off and is well clothed all the time than yes, I would push for the kids who need the clothes to get them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NoahandEliza
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:40 AM
2 moms liked this
If his dd already has clothes, than yeah, it sucks to be buying her more....but I don't think it's ever a good idea to make a parent choose between which of their kids they're allowed to buy for.
momof2gingers
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:41 AM
5 moms liked this
I'd buy her the clothes but I'm also the person who can't stand to leave anyone out. Seriously, if I buy one of our dogs a treat, I buy a treat for the other dog, the cat and both chickens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PerfectVirgo
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this
You have a right to your feelings. If she's not at your house often, I see your point. However, he probably enjoys buying things for her, so why not let him? Maybe just 1 outfit
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:43 AM
3 moms liked this
He has three children. Of course he should buy for three children. How fun for SD to come over and your kids get to show off their new clothes from Dad and she has nothing
jle127431
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:43 AM

no that is what cs is for...stand your ground

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:43 AM
11 moms liked this

This is sad that you are trying to make him choose between children. It does not matter that BM gets child support. The fact that he cares and wants to provide for ALL his children is commendable. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)